Unexpected Developments

*step*

*step*

*step*

Ch'en: You're late, Rhodes Island. 

Amiya: We were ambushed by Reunion multiple times on our way here. 

Ch'en: No excuses. 

Decade: I bet you know all about that. 

She then turns her head to Decade. Who was in a less than happy mood at the moment. 

Ch'en: Pardon. 

Decade: I'll tell you what I mean, one on one, no one else. 

She played it cool, but at that moment, she felt threatened. Mostly due to the fact that the only true thing she knows about Decade, is his name. Nothing else. Hell, she didn't even know if he was truly with Rhodes Island. 

Amiya: A considerable Reunion force is occupying the slums. It's not safe either. Please get Misha away from here as soon as possible. 

With that, Ch'en turns to look at Misha. 

Ch'en: So you're Misha. 

Misha: Y-yes... 

Ch'en: From here on, the L.G.D will protect you. Get her in the car. 

She orders one of the guards to take her in. But, Misha is hesitant. 

Amiya: Misha. It's okay. 

Misha: Yeah... 

After getting her in, Amiya proceeds to ask a favor of Ch'en. 

Amiya: Madame Ch'en, I have a request. 

Ch'en: What is it? 

Amiya: Promise me you will guarantee Misha's safety and give her the medical attention she needs. 

Ch'en: Of course. 

Amiya: Misha's condition is very serious. Once everything's done, I would like to take her to Rhodes Island for treatment. 

Ch'en: ...All right. I'll pass on your request to Chief Wei. As soon as we're done, we'll transfer her to Rhodes Island. That is, if we don't run into any problems with her. 

Amiya: I can trust you... Right? 

Ch'en: Yes--

Decade then walks forward, grabs her shoulder and leans to her ear. 

Decade: Daughter. Of. Sergei. 

Ch'en's eyes widen a little, he figured it out.

Decade: Don't test my patience, Ch'en. And, I'll see you on the other side. 

He pats her shoulder a few times, in a friendly matter, which was unexpected to say the least. 

Ch'en: ...Let's go! 

Ch'en and the soldiers go into the car, Amiya and Misha say goodbye for the time being. Then everyone watches as the car leaves. Franka then leans over to Decade. 

Franka: I never thought the Monster Inspector could make a face like that. What did you say to her? 

Decade: Enough. 

Franka: Uh-huh... Mysterious! I like you! 

Decade: Thanks.

He then turns his head to Amiya who sighs at her decision. 

Doctor: Amiya?

Amiya: We don't have a choice but to trust them, right, Doctor?  

Liskarm: Seems that's a wrap for this mission. For now, at least.