[ Chapter Two - Making Amends ]

Trigger Warning: Blood, Torture and Pain 

"Please...please no more." Draco winced, his breath held tight in his chest, silence penetrating the room. He was collapsed on the floor with his back against the stone wall, his arms limp above him, wrists restrained by painfully tight black rope tied to an iron railing above. Voldemort towered over him as he was bound helplessly. The Dark Lord paced from one side of the cold dark room to the other, looking down at the Slytherin cowering at his feet. "Tell me, Draco. Did you misunderstand the task I set for you?" Voldemort asked boring down on him. "No...my lord." "Did you feel it was wise to ignore my wishes, and go ahead relying on your elders to do your work for you?" 

"No...my lord." He whimpered, eyes planted to the floor where tears slipped onto his knees. Voldemort burst forward, erupting. "You're weak! You're a failure! A disgrace to the Malfoy name!" His eyes darting across to his father. Lucius was stood cowering against the wall, barely able to keep eye contact with the Dark Lord. Narcissa crying softly into his shoulder, unable to witness the torture of her son before her eyes. "Take one step and it will be your last. One word from your mouth and I'll kill him right now." Voldemort spat in their direction, he whipped back around to Draco, towering over him. "Consider yourself lucky I haven't killed you already." 

The Dark Lord slowly raised his wand before violently throwing hexes as he spat at the young boy, Draco was screaming as each spell hit him. "You pathetic..." *crack!* "-excuse!" *crack!* "-of a boy!" *CRACK!* "CRUCIO!" he screamed. Draco's blood curdling scream pierced the air, he convulsed, his body twisting in excruciating agony, searing pain ripping through every vein, his lungs burning, bones on fire. Tugging against his restraints, cutting the flesh at his wrists where blood began trickling down his arm. So close to blacking out, he was practically begging for death. Voldemort savoured every moment of pain he was inflicting on Draco, enjoying the sweet agony in his face. 

He twisted his wand and broke the curse, catching his breath and steadying himself as his eyes fell on Lucius. Draco slumped against the wall, his arms aching painfully above him. Every breath was fire on his lungs and his head was splitting. Tears were streaming down his cheeks. The restraints vanished and his arms dropped to the floor. Whimpering and curling up, bringing his knees to his chest. Voldemort was pacing the room, fixating on his wand. He turned on his heel to face Draco, stepping toward him painstakingly slow. Reaching out two cold fingers and placing them under Draco's chin, he pulled him up off the floor holding him inches from his face. 

He could see the wet tears coating Draco's cheeks, his bloodshot, trembling and squirming, knowing he was inches from death. "Draco Malfoy, you pathetic excuse for a Death Eater." His lip curled in disgust. "Bellatrix will escort you to the next filthy mudblood family where you will kill every last one of them, understand?" Draco nodded, eyes fixated on the floor but he suddenly felt the full force of Voldemort's palm hit him across the cheek. "LOOK AT ME!" he roared. "Yes my Lord." Draco whimpered. Biting back more tears. Voldemort slipped one hand around his throat and threw him back against the wall. 

His head thundered as it crashed against the stone, gasping for air as Voldemort's fingers tightened around his neck. "Fail me again and I'll crush your tiny little neck between the bones of my feet! I'll watch the light drain from your eyes and devour every last second of your soul slipping from your pathetic, weak body!" A muffled cry came from Narcissa at the back of the room and Voldemort smiled at her suffering. Draco felt himself slipping away but was quickly thrown to the floor, begging for this to be the last of it but he had no time to regain himself before Voldemort's rage attacked him once more. 

"Incarcerous!" He yelled. Black ropes flew from the end of his wand, snapping at Draco's wrists and neck, holding him tightly unable to move, flinching and wriggling against his bounds. "CRUCIO!" Voldemort screamed, a sinister smile slipping his lips. Draco felt every fibre of his being erupt in agony, he couldn't hold onto this abuse any longer. Blinding pain overcame him, he felt himself slipping into blackness, searing pain crushing his soul, agony overcoming every last sense until finally...Draco shot up in his bed, drenched in sweat, screaming and crying, panic pulsating through him. "It was a nightmare, just a nightmare, I'm okay, I'm okay, it's a nightmare, I'm safe, I'm okay." He repeated in a whisper curling his knees to his chest hugging them close.