Chapter 5 - Learning to Have Fun

It was a new day. Talulah worked on her pigtails as she grounded herself from the events of the previous day. She hadn't known Rory for very long, but he didn't seem like the kind of person to keep the "honorary brother" title as a serious thought...right? Speak of the devil, Rory had opened the doors to Talulah's room and gave her a bear hug that almost gave her a heart attack.

Rory - "Hey, there's my little sis! How ya doing?"

Talulah - "Heh, uh, good...I guess?"

Rory - "Great! Now, as your older brother—"

Talulah - "You're only a few weeks older than me—"

Rory - "That is irrelevant. Back to what I was saying, are you ready to spend our first day of Unicorn Academy as official siblings?!"

Talulah froze and panicked as she loosened herself from Rory's grip, and made a mental note to keep her guard up specifically for Rory's...hugs. If you can even call them that, considering Talulah almost passed out from a lack of oxygen.

Talulah - "Heh, official? You do know we aren't actually related, right?"

Rory - "I know! Who cares?"

Talulah - "Haha, yeah...Anyway, let's get down to breakfast. I'm starving!"

Down at breakfast, Talulah walked down what seemed like an endless table of food, deciding on scrambled eggs and some fresh fruit. But unlike what she'd told Rory, Talulah just pushed the food on her plate, trying to ignore the stares she knew everyone was giving her. As soon as she'd opened her mouth, Rory could tell Talulah was lying, but decided to let it go as she was probably nervous about her first day.

Ava - "You alright, Talulah?"

Rory - "Hey, Sis, what's up? You said you were starving!"

Talulah - "Huh?! Oh, sorry, I just...was thinking about Feather! Yeah, just excited to go riding today!"

Rory - "...Okay, if you say so."

Sophia - "So, Talulah, what's your favorite type of riding?"

Talulah - "Well, I'd say I like show jumping the best! I love being able to ride along the track, and my favorite jump is a Liverpool jump! I don't know why, but the feeling of jumping over water is amazing!"

Valentina - "That's impressive, Talulah! Not that I'd expect any less—"

Isabel - "If you're done kissing up to Talulah—"

Layla - "Anyway, Talulah, the Liverpool jumps still kind of freak me out. Do you have any tips or suggestions I could use with Glacier?"

Talulah - "Sure! I actually have a journal where I draw and record every riding move and jump I've ever done in my room! I've got tons of notes on—"

Ms. Primrose - "Students, please clean your trays and head to your designated classes!"

Talulah - "Don't worry, Layla, I'll show you my notes once we get a break."

Layla - "Thanks, Talulah!"

Rory - "Alright! Ready to go, little sis?"

Talulah - "Yeah...right behind you!"

Out on the track, Talulah was keeping track from the corner of her eye as Rory rode up next to her and Feather on Storm, while also focused on the track in front of them. The course was simple enough. A few small jumps and a somewhat sharp turn at the end before making it back to the starting line. Opting to go first, Talulah went through the track with ease, Feather already knowing what to do before Talulah gave him the command.