Chapter 15 - Rory's Pranktics

The day was starting off as it normally would, with Talulah in her room trying to brush her hair to perfection. Talulah reached for a rubber band from her vanity, only to realize the box she kept them in was gone from where she kept it. Confused, Talulah started searching through her stuff to find the rubber bands, but jumped back and screamed as a pop-up snake in a can jumped out with her rubber bands around its neck. Talulah put a hand to her chest as she recounted the breathing exercises her friends taught her. As her breath came back to her, Talulah reached for the snake as Rory opened the door laughing.

Talulah - "Ugh, I hope that wasn't the Gold Dorm kids again. Ari's gonna lose it if he finds—"

Rory - "Hahaha! Pranked you!"

Talulah - "Rory?! What are you—Oh, I get it! It's a prank. Hahaha!"

Rory - "I know, right?! And that's just the beginning!"

Talulah faked a laugh as Rory came over and through his arm over her shoulder, and having learned to fake laugh since she was a toddler, it was almost second nature for her. Rory didn't even notice how Talulah's smile was covering the way she was having trouble breathing steadily. Out in the common room, Talulah realized she's not been the only victim of Rory's pranking. Talulah saw Layla sitting inside a makeshift face of books she'd been reading the night before, Valentina noticing her boots were filled with eternally-sticking slime right as she was about to put them on, Isabel and Ava chasing their gloves being held in the air by drones, and Sophia walking out of the bathroom with flutterbunny fur in her hair and brush.

Valentina - "RORY! WHAT DID YOU DO?!"

Isabel - "Dude, this is ridiculous!"

Layla - "Uh, guys? A little help?"

Ava - "My gloves!"

Sophia - "Ugh, this is gonna take forever to brush out!"

Talulah - "Rory...What's going on?"

Rory - "Today, my dear little sister, is Pranktics Day!"

Talulah - "...Pranktics Day?"

Sophia - "Yeah, you've lost me."

Layla - "Don't you mean 'antics'?"

Rory - "Nope! Pranktics Day is the holiday I created so I wouldn't have to wait till April to prank everyone!"

Valentina - "Are you kidding me?!"

Ava - "So it's like April Fools' Day?"

Layla - "But it's only October!"

Isabel - "Haha, you better not be thinking of doing this again!"

Sophia - "Rory, this better not happen in April, or I swear—"

Talulah - "Girls!...Rory, can I ask why you decided to prank everyone in the Sapphire Dorm?"

Valentina - "You know I don't like pranks!"

Rory - "It's tradition! I prank my parents every year on Pranktics Day!"

Isabel - "I feel sorry for your parents, Dude."

Ava - "Yeah, these were funny jokes, Rory. But can you get my gloves from the drone, please?"

Rory - "Sorry, girls, but that was just the start of it! I'll be pranking all of you till the clock hits midnight!"

Talulah - "Midnight?!"

Layla - "Wait, but it's only 7:00 in the morning...which means—"

Valentina - "You're telling me I have to deal with your awful ideas of pranking for another seventeen hours?!"