Chapter 12 - The Equestrian Legends

It was finally the end of the school day, and all of the students who were participating had gathered at the stands while waiting for the race to begin. Everyone participating was allowed to leave early to get to their sections of the race without using up their unicorns' energy. Valentina and Isabel stood at the starting/finish line, Sophia and Ava stood at the 1/3 point, and Talulah and Rory stood at the very last part of the race. Ari and Henry took on the first third of the race, while Sawyer and Jaden took the third. At their portion of the race, the other dorms talked to each other while Talulah and Rory avoided eye contact with the Gold Dorm kids. Jaden kept trying egg Talulah on while Sawyer rolled his eyes and hesitated on telling him to stop.

Jaden - "Are you afraid, Princess?"

Talulah - "Please don't call me that."

Jaden - "Why? It's your title, isn't it? You'd think a princess would like being addressed as such."

Sawyer - "Jaden..."

Rory - "She told you to quit it, so why don't you shut your arrogant mouth and—"

The sound of the bell signifying the race had begun ran through the air, and the conversations were silenced as the kids waited anxiously. At the starting line, Valentina and Isabel took the lead with Ari and Henry close behind. Ari attempts to get past Valentina and rides at her left, but she only rolls her eyes at him and steers Cinder directly in front of him. Although annoyed by her riding being an obvious attempt to get him to act out, Ari only breathed in and had Dusty go past Isabel. Henry laughed as he made his way past the girls and made a comment about teaching Talulah how to race properly, causing bother Valentina and Isabel to scowl at his antics. Ari witnesses his friend's mocking and looks away, trying to tell himself it was only teasing.

At the intersection between the first two portions of the race, the riders jumped across the river and ran towards their friends. Valentina and Isabel respectively tapped Sophia and Ava into the race, who instantly jumped onto their unicorns and took off, Ari and Henry following close behind. With their teammates in front of them, Henry whispers something into one kid's ear, who laughs and gestures for the other student to follow. The rest of the teams had gone on the trail by now, and were confused as to why the Gold Dorm kids had stopped. The first student jumped onto her unicorn and ran after the rest of the students, quickly getting close to Sophia and Ava. Henry cheered his friends on while Ari stood feeling suspicious of what'd been said before his roommates went on the trail.

Sophia - "We've got this, Ava!"

Ava - "You know it, BFFFF!"

Student - "That's what you think! Come on, Rose!"

Sophia - "Hey, watch it!"

Ava - "Sophia!"

Student - "Hahaha! Too slow!"

Sophia - "What's your problem?!"

Student - "Not my fault she was so close!"

At their obstacle on the course, Sophia and Wildstar jumped over the river with ease, almost forgetting that their competitors were close behind them. The Gold Dorm student swerves around the path, making some of the other riders struggle to keep their unicorns steady. Ava looks behind her and sees that two students had fallen off their unicorns, one of them holding their leg in pain.

Ava - "Sophia, wait! Those guys are hurt!"

Student - "Oops!"

Ava - "Keep going, Sophia! I'm gonna help them!"

Sophia - "Are you sure?!"

Ava - "Yeah! Go ahead!"

Student - "Your loss!"