Chapter 8 - Intentions

Talulah ended up riding with Ms. Primrose to get to the fields faster, though she had jumped from the saddle once she saw Feather and Cinder fighting at the top of the hill. The unicorns tried defusing the fight, but they were ignored or attacked when they intervened. As she ran to break up the fight, Talulah saw her friends running towards her and the unicorns, with Rory and Sophia in the front. Leaf tried jumping in to stop the fight, but a violent push from Feather caused her fall on her side, and Talulah could hear Ava yelling in the distance. Cinder tried to head butt Feather, but their horns clashed as the two glared daggers at each other. Finally, Talulah had made it to the top of the hill and jumped in between Feather and Cinder, ignoring the screams of panic from her friends and the teachers.

Rory - "Talulah! NO!"

Talulah - "Feather! What are you doing?! Stop it!"

Sophia - "Talulah, get back!"

Ava - "Leaf! Are you okay?!"

Isabel - "Dude, look out!"

Layla - "Talulah, be careful!"

Valentina - "Talulah! Cinder!"

Feather forced himself to back down once he saw Talulah standing between him and Cinder, who also reluctantly stood down at her presence. Although the two continued glaring at each other, Feather let his head fall onto Talulah's shoulder as she ran her hands through his mane, and Cinder took a few steps back once he saw Valentina rushing towards him. The rest of the students and teachers had made it to the hill by now, with Ava checking on Leaf while Rory and Sophia ran up to Talulah. Isabel and Layla helped the rest of the unicorns calm down, and Valentina looked at the scene in front of her in horror.

Layla - "It's alright, you guys! Don't worry, it's over now."

Isabel - "She's right, Dudes. Everything's fine now."

Rory - "Talulah! Are you alright?! Are you hurt?!"

Talulah - "I'm fine! I'm fine...Are you alright, Feather?"

Sophia - "What were you thinking, Talulah?! You could've gotten hurt!"

Talulah - "What was I supposed to do?! They were gonna kill each other if I didn't step in!"

Ms. Primrose - "Sophia's right, Talulah. Feather and Cinder could've hit you by accident."

Talulah - "But they didn't!"

Valentina - "I'm so glad you're okay, Cinder. Talulah, is Feather—"

Talulah - "HE'S FINE, VALENTINA! He's absolutely fine!"

The group of riders and teachers stood in shock at Talulah's outburst, but she paid no mind of it as she jumped onto Feather's back and silently told him to take off. Valentina immediately got a hold of Cinder and followed her and ignored the sounds of protests from the crowd behind her. Talulah and Feather stopped in the middle of an opening in the forest, and Talulah ran her hands though his mane and coat as he settled down from the fight. But the sound of an approaching unicorn finally set Talulah off, and even Feather was a little surprised by her reaction.

Talulah - "You're okay. You're okay, Feather. We're away from—"

Valentina - "Talulah! Are you alright?!"

Talulah - "...Why are you here, Valentina?"

Valentina - "I wanted to make sure you're alright!...Are you?"

Talulah - "Heh, I'm just fine, Valentina. But if you don't mind me asking, why do you care?!"

Valentina - "What? You're my friend! Why wouldn't I—"