The Siege of the North pole

It was a very beautiful morning as I was at water bending practice. Katara was sparring with another boy and she was getting really good, were as Aang was just goofing off and not taking training seriously. Master Pakku was giving Katara lots of praise for her hard work and learning so quickly were I was just watching everything. We were just finishing up practice when it just started snowing but the snow was black.

Aang was just goofing off as usual when it started snowing black, Katara was really concerned and an emergency meeting was called by Yue's father.

"The day we feared for so long has arrived. The fire Nation is on our door step. It is with great sadness I call my family here before me knowing well that some of these faces are about to vanish from our tribe. But they will never vanish from our hearts. As we approach this battle for our existence, I call upon the great spirits to be with us. I am going to need volunteers for this mission-"

"count me in" Sokka said right away, also standing up But his sister and Aang were giving very scared looks.

Then Yue's father asked the men who stood up to volenteer to get a mark on their faces. After a while I went back to Yue's house to change my clothes and finally usemy staff again.

"No more hidding, Ifailed to protect my people but it's going to be different this time." I said looking at myself in the mirror seeing my tattoos that I have hidden for so long. I got myself up and started walking out waiting from a distance to see when the Fire Nation would arrive. I could see other men, Aang, Katara and Sokka waiting when suddenly a big bolder with flames came right towards them. I decided to wait and watch until they needed my help.

They kept shooting more and more. Aang lefton Appa towards the ships. I finally got out and flewdown to them on my glider.

"Katara, Sokka are you guys alright?"

"WHAT, Alana since when are you an air bender. I thought you were a water bender?" Katara just went on and on with questions.

"Can't explain now but we need to help"

I got out my glider and started to help everyone get away from the outside wall so they couldn't be injured. More and more fire nation ships were coming our way. They threw more  fire bolders at the wall breaking it causing alot of people to be injured. Me and the other water benders where trying to stop them with massive waves.  The sun was setting and the moon was about to come out which is when all the water benders are strongest. Then they all just stopped firing at us. So I decided I would change back and hide until they needed me again.

It was night time now so me Yue, Aang and Katara were just walking. Then Yue said she wanted to show us a very spiritual area that might be able to help Aang because he said how much trouble he was having. And he could get help from the spirits. So we started following Yue and we got to a beautiful garden almost. Aang started running talking about how much he missed grass.

"Its so warm here how is that possible?" Katara asked Yue.

"It's the centre of all energy in the whole North Pole."

Then Aang just started to meditate and Katara pulled me aside to ask what happened.

"Alana, what happened and how I mean Aang is the Avatar. So how can you bend two elements?"

"Long story short, Me and Aang grew up together and one day the monks came and told us that some spiritual thing happened and we were both the Avatar. Me and Aang are avatars and when the fire nation attacked us he left, he broke a very important promise that we would stick together forever and he left me, he left all of us when we needed him, and that's why I have a burn scar on my ankle. I couldn't save my people and I watched as they all died. then I woke up here and Yue found me." I said as I tried to hold back tears. Yue started to console me.

"Oh wow, does Aang know about you yet"

"No I haven't gotten a chance to talk to him, he doesn't even know who I am I have been avoiding him and covering my face."

Then after that suddenly a boy who looked like he was like 15 maybe, with a scar on his eye suddenly came out of no where.

"Well arent you a big girl now."

"No" Katara said getting into a fighting position.

"Yes,now hand him over and I wont hurt you."

I got Princess Yue out to safety and came back to see Katara on the ground and Aang gone. Sokka came back with me and we all had no clue what happened.

We decided we should go out and try to find them. There was a storm and we had to go on Appa. I haven't seen Appa in so Long. As soon as we got to him I ran to give him a hug on the face and he knew who I was instantly. After that we started flying.

The moon had rose again and once we landed we seen Aang tied up in the middle of no where. The full moon was high and Katara was about to fight the boy who's name I found out was Zuko when they were chatting.

Then after Katara quickly defeated Zuko we got back on Appa but Aang said the spirits were in danger so on the ride back I decided to tell Aang who I was and confront him.

"Aang?"

"Yeah? O I just realised I never got your name"

"yeah you have"

"Sorry I don't remember"

"Would it help if I did this" I said as I pulled down my hood and my face covering. You could see the arrow on my forehead and we locked eyes.

"Alana?!"

"Yes Aang it's me, Idon't know what happened or how but I ended up here and was too heartbroken to tell you who I was. You left me Aang. You left all of us."I said started to cry.

"I had been woken up by Gyasto telling me how you left. I had to protect the kids by myself while you were off doing god knows what. I needed you and you left. When we needed you most. You vanished. I-" I wanted to keep going. I wanted to tell him how bad he hurt me but all I could do was cry.

I finished talking and all Aang did was hug me so tight as I felt a tear drop from his eye. "Alana I am so Sorry-"

"No. Nothing you can do or say right now that will make this any better. I am scarred from that day. I had to start my "training" without you. It was Gyastos wish and I want to grant that. He wanted us to be great Avatars TOGETHER! But you left. I thought I was all alone until I heard about you again."

"Alan-"

"I can't forgive or forget what you did but for now we need to help the water tribe. They have given me so much. I need to save them."

We got back and by then we were to late. the admiral of the fire nation had taken the moon spirit, and walked away with it.

Then Yue told us all about how she is descended from the moon spirit and could sacrifice herself for the people. Me and Sokka started crying as Yue stepped into the pool. She started floating up and away I couldn't control myself anymore and cried. I watched as my first friend since I lost Aang was about to leave me. But Yue saved us and every time I look at the moon I will always think of her.

She saved the day and I will never forget her.