Chapter 2: Deep water

Jard suddenly stopped moving through the water. He felt something else swimming around in the pool.

''Why'd you stop?'' Bobo asked after a few seconds. He put his hand in the water and splashed around a bit, giggling.

''I don't think we're the only ones in the water..'' Jard said, ignoring his response and continued moving through. They were almost to the other side. The backpack, which was probably full of goodies, was right there, about only 5 feet away.

Jard held onto Bobo's legs more as he felt more and more paranoid about whatever is under the water.

''Hurry up, Jard-'' Bobo was cut off by a thug from his arm that was splashing around in the water. He screeched. He fell off Jard's shoulders and got dragged into the water. His screaming was shut out by the water going into his mouth and filling his lungs. He closed his eyes, tears slowly coming out of them, terrified.

''BOBO!'' Jard yelled out and swam down under what seemed like a 15-foot pool. He pushed his arms up and down as he swimmed deeper into the water. His eyes wide open and full of fear. He could feel the wet liquid go into his eyes.

He could see his poor friend being dragged by a big black tentacle, choking him by the neck and dragging him down deeper and deeper. Bubbles swarmed around them both.

Once he got close enough, he threw his arms around Bobo and tried tugging him away from the monster, turning him around and swimming back up. He felt he was going to lose oxygen any moment now. This wasn't going to be how it ended, right?

The tentacle-like creature soon disappeared. Jard looked at Bobo when a sense of deep fear appeared in his eyes. Bobo's eyes were closed.

Jard quickly got back to the water, breathing heavily and catching his breath as water splashed onto the slippery floor.

Bobo still didn't seem to be waking up. He threw Bobo up onto the wet floor. Jard quickly did the same before he could risk being attacked by another one of those things.

''Bobo? Please, wake up!'' Jard shook Bobo and his eyes opened. He coughed up water and covered his mouth with his arm. They were both soaking wet.

Bobo looked tired and looked like the old happy spirit got tooken right out of him. ''Are you okay?'' Jard asked.

''Yeah.. I think I'm fine. I hate water..'' Bobo said in a sad tone, shockingly.

''Listen I know you're terrified of swimming and shit, but let's make this as quick as possible. I'm freaked out now. Let's go.'' Jard spoke as he sat up and soaked the water out of his tank top.

Bobo got up as well. Also soaking the water out of his blue shirt. He stared at the water, terrified. 

(475 words)