Chapter 8 - Infection

(Heres some songs that fits the mood while you read!)

Chapter 8 cover: https://www.deviantart.com/crazyswirl09/art/EVADE-POOLROOMS-INFECTION-COVER-1024255282

The door to the shed would open slightly as Jard attempted to smash it open with a shovel, but the lock would still be attached, making it impossible for him to escape. His body felt achy as he tried to yell, but nothing would come out. The only words that he could get out were a faint ''help...''.

He was losing his voice. It was dry and everything was hurting. All of a sudden, he'd cough up black ink as only his hand would make it out of the shed. His arm would shake, trying to open the handle, but it was far too late. He was going to turn into one of them. No matter if he liked it or not. He gave up, falling onto the floor, grabbing his wounded stomach and putting a hand on his face. Tears would begin to fall from his cheeks. He looked up at the door, there was something coming out of him, there were black goopy tentacles coming out of his back. Suddenly, the pain was gone, there were no achy parts of his body left, and soon, he would pass out.

--

Defect came back from downstairs with a box of medicine. He felt a drift of worry overflow him as he thought maybe there was no helping Jard. But he hoped the injection had worked.

''Is he gonna be okay?'' Bobo would ask, feeling scared for his friend. But Defect seemed even more afraid.

''I-I hope so. Now, get to bed. Unless, Bobo, you'd like to go back to Galf's shop?'' Defect asked, looking at him.

''I would but- when me and Jard called, he didn't answer. And I don't have the watch to call him, Jard has it. When will he be back?''

The thought that Jard was the one who had control over who would contact Galf covered the Defect Rebel's mind. He wanted Bobo to get home safe, just in case something about the injection didn't work, and Jard wasn't going to make it.

''Trooper, you should go home as well, I'm sure you're tired.'' He said, not answering Bobo's question.

''I'd like to stay here, I want to accompany Bobo before he leaves, I don't want him getting hurt by another one of those things.'' Trooper stood up straight, arms by side, as if he was in the army. Which he was. ''But I need to leave once Bobo is home.''

''Understood. You both can sleep upstairs, there's an extra bed, and a couch.''

''I'll sleep on the couch.'' Trooper said.

--

Defect walked back outside to open the shed. He noticed it had opened a bit from what Jard had done. He opened it only to be terrified. He saw the--what he thought was a lifeless body of Jard, lying in the shed, But something was different. He had 4 black tentacles coming from his back, as if he was an Octomau himself. His eyes looked open, but they were pitch black. He also had sharp- octomau like claws. And finally, ink dripped down from his head.

Defect covered his mouth. He knew he had passed out, but he had passed out again, and now was a monster. ''..J-Jard?'' A shiver went down his spine, stepping closer towards the now Infected Jard. He stepped closer, and closer, until he was right in front of him, kneeling down. He opened the box of medicine, and took out a tissue, and was about to wipe the ink off his face to inspect it, until his hand was grabbed by a cold, lifeless arm.

Jard had taken hold of his arm and wouldn't let him pull away. ''J-Jard.. Jard! Stop! I want to help you!--Ah!-''

He was suddenly taken outside of the shed by one claw-like arm holding him up by the neck. The tentacles would start moving in all directions, black goop would drip onto the grass. His blank eyes and cold stare would continue to hold him by the neck. A black tentacle would come out of his stomach, and it turned into a sharp tentacle, just like the one that stabbed Jard in the stomach, and did exactly the same thing to Defect Rebel. They now had matching wounds. Jard let go, but the tentacle still held him up. ''I-I-I'm sorr--'' was his chosen last words before he fell to the ground. But this time, he wouldn't wake up like Jard did. He was dead.

(735 words)