Chapter 4: Escaping

(image by DUMBoOom on X/Twitter)!

''Jard!'' Bobo ran to Jard, who was now laying on the floor. He tripped on the slippery floor as he went to sit down next to him.

Jard wouldn't respond, the lifeless body of the college student lay on the cold floor. ''Jard! Wake up!'' Bobo would shake him, in an attempt to make him magically come back to life.

The poor boy's head started spinning. A lightbulb went off in his mind, remembering that there was a wooden house nearby where the duo would see Defect Rebel come in and out of on their missions.

The college student would open his eyes, seeing a terrified friend with, for the first time, tears rolling down his face. ''W-Whats happening...'' He would hover his hand over the wound.

Bobo would hug him, scared of what would happen. Jard was more tired than ever.

''...w-we need to get o-out of here...'' Jard would stutter with his words, holding back the pain of the shocking incident that had just occurred.

Bobo is still holding onto him, as if he was more scared than what he is.

''I-I'll be okay..'' The college student would affirm the trembling boy. ''I'm okay..''

--

After a couple of minutes had passed of the headaches of the two, Jard struggled to stay awake as they planned their escape to the exit.

Bobo had taken out his medkit from Jard's backpack and Jard had already wrapped the bandages around the wound.

They began to find a way out of the poolrooms, a hell in which they never would return to. They knew the exit wasn't far away, but that they had already forgotten that.

''Jard, I see it! Come on!'' Finally, a smile would grow on Bobo's face for the first time in 10 minutes. That's quite odd for him. He's usually always happy.

''Coming..'' The injured college student's voice was low, tired, exhausted, even. What do you expect?

The two would walk towards the exit in the distance, until suddenly, Bobo stopped. ''..don't move.'' He said. Jard stopped walking, 5 feet behind Bobo.

''What?-'' A growling noise could be heard from both Bobo and Jard now, he could hear it. They heard it coming around the corner, and Bobo turned around.

''AHHH RUN!'' The monster started running towards them as Bobo turned around again and ran off screaming.

''QUIT SCREAMING!'' Jard ran off after Bobo.

''YOUR SCREAMING, TOO!'' Bobo yelled out, closing his eyes, meters away from the exit. Bobo opened the front door and Jard went outside with him. They slammed the thick metal door on the creature's face. Its head would be banging on the door, screeching at them. They'd both back away. Frightened by the sudden incident, breathing heavily with true fear in their eyes.

''So.. where are we planning on going now..'' Jard would ask. Bobo walked off and sat beside a tree.

''Well, shouldn't we try and contact Galf to go back to his shop?'' Bobo said, looking at Jard with a confused face, acting as if he should've known that.

''Yeah, yeah.. my bad.'' Jard took his backpack off his back and searched for the radio. He tried calling Galf. The radio wouldn't pick up. ''It's me, Jard, Galf? Come on this isn't a good time to be having a shower!''

''Maybe he's busy?'' Bobo asked.

''Yeah, he's busy, meanwhile I'M DYING.''

''Stop! You're not dying! W-We'll get out of this. Right?'' Bobo asked, Jard sat down next to Bobo, quiet without a response.

'' I don't know anymore. I'm scared, Bobo.'' 

(586 words)