Chapter 5 - Safe with Defect

The duo began to start walking down the forest in which they came from. They didn't see much except for the starry night and green trees blowing in the wind. Every so often leaves would fall from the trees on their heads, spooking them a bit.

Jard felt as if he would fall asleep any second, but he still tried to stay awake through the walk.

''Hey Jard? Do you hear that, or is it just me?'' Jard turned around to check what he was talking about. Not seeing anything, but definitely hearing it.

''Is it another one of those things again?''

''I hope not. It's probably the one from earlier.'' Bobo nodded. Jard turned back and continued walking. ''There it is, there's the house.'' Jard points to the same place Bobo thought of, the cabin in the distance, which was where they would see Defect.

''Do you think he's home? Maybe we can get you back to Galf's shop to help you?'' Bobo asked yet another question.

''Bobo, I don't need Galf, I need a damn hospital. You think he can help me? Didn't you do a medicine class in highschool?''

''I did when I worked for Elysium and whatever, but not highschool, I dropped out!'' Bobo said, weirdly smiling.

--

The two friends stopped at the wooden cabin in front of them, and suddenly they began to hear the same monster voice from earlier in their walk. They noticed that it was only a few miles away from them, chasing them. ''RUN!'' Jard yelled out, Bobo being unaware of the creature behind. Jard had already started running, but he ended up stopping when he banged into the very cabin they were just standing in front of.

A boy's scream could be heard. Jard knew the familiar scream, he turned around to see Bobo being grabbed by the horrific creature. Bobo would be struggling to get out of its tight grip.

''NO! LET GO OF HIM!'' Jard yelled out at the creature, who somewhat squirmed at the statement, releasing Bobo slightly, but none of it helped.

Bobo's ugly crying would start. And screaming, I can't forget the annoying screaming, too.

Jard ran to the tall- slender creature, stopping when he saw the creature's sharp tongue come out of its spiky mouth.

''NO!!'' A gunshot would go off, piercing through the creature's skin and skull. Dropping Bobo to the ground, Jard logically catches him. The boy's jaw would drop, shocked, or maybe his ears were blown off from the gunshot. Jard quickly put Bobo down, embarrassed. Turning around to see Defect Rebel with the gun.

''Oh- hello-.'' The Creature ran off back into the dark and scary forest.

'' Hey guys, uh, what happened to you two?'' Defect would ask, somewhat concerned for the two.

''That thing attacked us!'' Bobo yelled, tears all over his face, still sitting on the ground.

''Are you alright, Bobo?'' Defect asked. Bobo crossed his arms, looking in the other direction and ignored his question.

''You both should get inside for now, I don't want our voices attracting another one, especially Bobo's screeching.'' Defect said.

Jard and Bobo entered the cabin following behind Defect. Bobo was welcomed to a comfy couch that lay below a shelf with plants on it.

The room was filled with some bookshelves, coffee tables, and cabinets, along with cozy carpets and couches. A spiral staircase leading to the attic, where the balcony resided.

''Jard, take a seat please. Your probably in a lot of pain right now.'' Defect offered a seat for Jard to sit in. Jard got comfy on his couch sitting next to Bobo.

''Thanks.. tell me about it.''

''So, would you guys like to explain? How bad is that wound of yours, Jard?'' Defect asked, leaning on the coffee table.

''One of those things ended up getting me, real bad, obviously. It hurts but I managed to walk all the way here.'' Jard responded, his hand on his wound.

''Where'd you too get attacked from?''

''The poolrooms place, why? Also do you think you can fix this wound.''

''No, bring him to a hospital! That's what he said, because he's apparently so smart.'' Bobo groaned.

''We can't really get hospitals around here, and it would be infested with nextbots, anyway.'' Defect answered, Jard looking insulted. ''But I know something I can do to stop you from getting an.. infection.'' 

(716 words)