Chapter 7 - Locked in a shed.

Defect returned back to his cabin and met Bobo and Trooper yet again talking. But when he walked in, they both stopped and looked at Defect.

''Hey, where's Jard?'' Bobo asked, taking a step forward towards Defect. Defect stepped back another.

''He's.. relaxing in the shed, he's not feeling good. I'll need to give him some medicine.'' Defect told them both, avoiding eye contact with the two.

''Why in the shed? That's a weird place to be- Oh oh! Are you able to help him at all? What about Trooper? can you help fix his arm-'' Defect cut him off as he walked off, turning back towards him.

''Enough. I will let you both know when I get the medicine. Don't worry about it. Trust me.'' Defect went up stairs to get whatever medicine he was talking about.

Bobo and Trooper both gave each other a glance and soon shrugged it off.

--

Jard woke up. His eyes were barely awake, but he could still see. He was... where was he? He rubbed his eyes, now he could actually really see. He was in a small room with one window, all wooden boards and dirty nails stubbed into the flooring. He was starting to feel claustrophobic. He put his hand on the wall to help his achy body pull himself up. He could feel the icky black goop on his arm in which Defect stabbed him with. He clenched his stomach and went for the front door's knob and attempted to open it. But nothing about it would budge. He banged on the door, the aggression slowly taking over him. He knew what Defect did, he remembered. And if it was to hurt him to get out of this box, he would.

''HEY!'' He banged on the door. ''LET ME OUT ASSHOLE!'' He slowed down his breath, taking a few steps back and opened his mouth. ''W-Why are you doing this..?'' He asked the blankness of the room, although no one could hear his cries and screaming.

He turned around to see a tape recorder placed almost purposely on the wooden boarding. He crouched down to pick it up and clicked the play button. It began playing a recording of Defect's voice.

''Hey Jard, I'm sorry it had to end like this but, there's no way out of this. You know you're going to die either way. But in order to protect the others and myself, I needed to do this. I don't want you to see me as some evil monster or 'person who trapped you in a shed', I want you to see me as your savior, someone who saved your life. This is the only way I can do it. You're going to turn into a blood-thristy creature either way, so I needed to lock you in this shed as a shield before you turn into.. one of them. I'm sorry. You won't have your final goodbye.''

The audio cut off, and played a blank sound in the room. Jard had tears in his eyes, squeezing the tape recorder and smashing it onto the floor. He explored his surroundings, a shovel, two bricks, a box of tissues, and a note in which he didn't notice before. He picked up the note and read it.

''Listen to the recording, Jard.'' -Defect. Jard put it back on the floor.

''.. Already did.''

(557 words)