-28-

Izumi and I are in the car, driving as far away from Seoul as we can with one, not even filled, suitcase in the back of the car.

Since we're both filled with questions, anxiety, humiliation, and most of all hunger, since we both forgot to bring food and money, it's totally quiet in the vehicle apart from the conversation our stomachs are having together.

I know we have to go back eventually, since we were too stupid to take the most important stuff with us, but we just burry that knowledge deep inside of us.

I feel my phone buzzing in my pocket, telling me a living creature is calling me.

Without any thoughts about it, I look at the device.

'Guy with lack of pushies' calling...

Panic takes over and I send him straight to voicemail, throwing my phone on my lap with a stressed face. Izumi notices it and breaks the silence between us. "Who was that?"

I point at my phone, trying to form real words to spit out my mouth, but no noise comes out whatsoever. The girl looks at me, questioning, and I groan. "Gyeong- I mean Jeongin. I guess."

"Jeez, this is hard," the girl behind the steering wheel whispers and I nod in agreement.

All of a sudden, Izumi shots up in her seat and a light bulb appears above her head. "I left my wallet at the HYBE studio," and she takes the next exit to turn back to Seoul, ready to get money and food. While we just got on the highway.

When we're on our way back to our working place, my phone starts buzzing again.

It has been buzzing non stop, receiving I guess texts from the group chat, but both Izumi and I have been ignoring them. Since I think it's just another one, I choose to ignore it.

While Izumi ran out the car to collect her money again, my phone keeps on buzzing. I'm bored as hell in the car and so, I choose to look at the screen.

8 unread messages from 'Cats maniac who loves flirting'

Oh shit, I think Minho just texted me.

It's weird. It has been them all along and now I have too much anxiety in me to answer them, although I was never so panicked about it, I even felt really comfortable with them already.

What am I saying? Of course it isn't weird. They lied to us and told us they are 'normal' people.

Coming to think of it, I never asked about their work.

Well, I asked Jisung since he was saying his boss, which I guess he was talking about JYP, asked him about his latest performance and he had to lie the hell out of him. I really had to ask more than only "what do you do for living then?" Most basic question out there. Taking you nowhere.

While still looking dumbfounded at the device in front of me, Baekhyun starts calling me. I roll my eyes and decline the call. Not 5 seconds later, he calls me again. I groan and accept the call, putting the phone on speaker.

"Where the hell are you two girls?"

"Have you been infected by the Jihun virus?"

"You have to come back home, this is insane."

"I heard it's really deathly. Only Jihun has survived it until now."

"I'm being serious right now, Aecha."

"How would you feel if it turns out you have been talking to your favorite group all along?"

"I would kill myself or go to Chicago, Oklahoma, or Ohio. The Netherlands sounds fun too."

"You see my point?"

It stays silent on the other line for a split second. Izumi already opens the door and sits down when Baekhyun finally answers me.

"Can I come with?"

I roll my eyes, disappointed but proud of the older guy.

"I'm sure Jihun would be pissed but now he gets his wish to live without us. We're at the HYBE building now, hurry."

And just when I said that, I hear a bonk on the window at Izumi's side. We jump off our seats and yell on the top of our lungs. I look at my left and see Jihun outside the window, sighing at us.

"Shit, we have been caught by the virus itself," I murmur and Izumi points at the window. "You wanna come with to Hollywood?! You look like you need a vacation!"

I rest my palm against my forehead, totally disappointed in the girl.

I see the screen of my phone light up for the nth time this trip and see more texts of I suppose Minho, Jihun, and the groupchat.

Why do I of all people have to go through this mess?

★━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━★

You have found yourself a Dutchie🙋‍♀️

I wasn't promoting my own country, I just wanted to put it in there for some reason.