🌊 chapter 1

It wasn't even an 1 hour ago that i was feeling totally and completely relaxed while my toes were in the sand and the salty smell of the ocean filled my nose but as soon as i leave the beach my car decides to break down in the middle of nowhere.

i am totally hopeless at anything about cars, the best i could do is change a tire and my tire is definitely not the problem.
I'm staring at it dumbfounded while smoke comes out of the front hood, taking out my phone and calling someone to hopefully fix my car or tow it. 

After some rather vague directions the service people finally managed to find me before i got set on fire by the scorching sun in my mini skirt and tank top. i stand up from leaning against my car to see a tall brown haired boy jump out of the truck.

"Hey, you need help?" He said with a charming smile

"Yes please i don't know what happened, i'm hopeless at cars" I reply with a small smile back

"It's okay, i'll just take a look under the hood" He replies moving past me and looking into the car

He messes with the inside of the car for a bit before he says that it's going to have to be towed to the shop.

"Okay no worries, Thank you so much!" i say as kindly as i can while currently dying inside knowing i'm going to have to walk there because i don't have anyone who can drive me there

"Will you be alright getting there?" he says squinting his eyes looking down at me

"Yeah i'll be fine, i'm sure i can find a way to get there"

it's quiet for a while before her rubs his hand against the back of his neck and says "Look we're not supposed to do this but i'll give you a ride there if you want"

"really? are you sure? i don't want to get you into trouble"

"No trust me it's fine as long as you feel comfortable we're all good" he replies with a reassuring thumbs up

i nod my head with a small 'okay' and ask him if he needs help when he says no, he walked me to the truck and held the door open for me to help me get in since it was pretty tall.

𓆉 𓆡𓆞𓇼𖦹𓆝

Hours had passed by the time i made it home and got into my work uniform which consisted of shorts and a cute halter top pairing it with my converses. As i step out of my apartment i become beyond grateful that my work at the boutique doesn't require a uniform, meaning i can wear clothes that will keep me a bit cooler in the harsh summer heat.

i end up riding my bike to my workplace since it's only 5 minutes from my beachside apartment.

I say hi to my coworkers as i walk through the store before checking in and quickly jumping into action, while also trying to find out if my favourite coworker is here.

"Hali, oh my gosh!" i hear a squeal

"Grace hey!" i say giving her a hug while we receive side eyes from the customers and weird looks from other workers

"how are you?" Grace says as she pulls away from the hug walking around me to help me with stock

"i'm good, how are you? How's Felix?" I reply, Felix is her boyfriend i've met him from time to time. He's super nice and makes Grace really happy

"i'm good and so is Felix" she replies with a small smile looking over at me before returning to help me with the stock

After a couple minutes of small talk and laughter Grace pipes up and asks me if i wanted to go to a party with her and felix's friends, after some thought i hesitantly agreed mainly because i don't like parties very much and i don't know anyone there apart from Grace but it will be okay maybe i could meet some new people.