🌊 Chapter 6

I haven't seen Oliver in a week after my little tantrum at his front door, i'm a little bit embarrassed to see him again. I've only known him for about a month now and he's already seen my ugly crying face. which is not very pleasant so if that didn't turn him off our friendship i don't know what will.

which is why u definitely didn't expect him to be waiting there will flowers in his hand when i open my door "oh hey Oliver"

"hi" he says "oh these are for you" putting the bouquet of flowers in front of me "there to make you feel better"... "hopefully"

"thank you that's really sweet" i say opening the door for him to come him, Gigi running straight towards Oliver causing him to squat down and pet her.

"i know" he said sarcastically, making me roll my eyes

"so what did you come here for?"

"to hang out. i want to go to the beach" he says standing up, turning around to face me giving me a cheeky smile

"you couldn't do that by yourself?" he immediately shakes his head

"now why would i want to do that when i could go with my amazing friend Hali" punching my cheeks playfully

"stop it, your making me blush" i reply jokingly before going into my room to get ready. i put on a white supportable bikini so i'll be able to surf in it and a pair of  denim shorts over the top, afterwards, lathering on heaps on sunscreen taking off most of my jewellery apart from the necklace that my sister gave me, letting us have matching items of clothing which she never does. did.

i exit my room "ready" looking up at oliver

"yep"

i said bye to Gigi as we exited the front door and i walk to my small garage, Oliver following my every step "do you know how to surf?"

"nope, but i'm guessing you do since there's about 10 surfboards in here"

"yeah it's always be my dream to be a professional surfer"

"you should" he said with certainty

"you've never even seen me surf" i reply rolling my eyes and grabbing my blue surfboards with small painted turtles on it and a long board for Oliver.

"yeah but i bet your amazing" He says helping me put the boards in the trunk of his car "what's this for" questioning me as he holds up the longboard

"i'm going to teach you how to surf"

he looks terrified "no that's okay i'll just watch you"

"just try it and see you feel afterwards, we can also go home if you want to"

he nods and heads to the front seat, we jump in and head off the beach. Once we arrive, it is almost empty mainly because it's not super hot today and becuase it's almost sunset time.

we rushed to the shore excitedly and took off our clothes that's hid our swimming gear after we grabbed our stuff from the car.  "okay are you ready for your first ever surfing lesson"

"hell yeah!" Oliver said a lot for happily then before since seeing there's not a lot of people here that could laugh at him if he falls.

After a while of countless lessons i finally get him out onto the water, sitting on the longboard while i sit on my board next to him looking out for a wave he can take.

"okay see this one coming up, take it" i say pointing to the dark blue sea staring to start its formations process into a tight curl. Oliver was quick to action and faced his back to the small wave and paddled forward, catching it just in time and riding it out without falling once making a proud smile beam on my face.

He paddles back over to me once he's sobered up "you did it! i'm so proud of you!" i say giving him a light push

"yeah whatever no big deal" he said laughing to himself quietly "i'm going to go back to shore, you coming?"

"nah i'm gonna surf a bit, will you be alright by yourself?"

"yeah, will you?"

"yeah"

I'm so glad i'm surfing, i haven't done it in a while after everything that's been going on i guess it just crossed my mind. I know that i'm a good surfer only because of the competitions i did all the time when i was younger but once i turned 18 my parents banned me from surfing all together becuase they wanted me to get my act together, thinking that surfing was distracting me from my studies.

When i first moved here, having the feeling of the water between my fingers and the harmless sea animals that would sometimes swim under me was the most relaxed i had been in a year. Even though i'm surfing again, i haven't done any competitions knowing how mad my
parents would be if they found out and knowing how much i would fall back in love with it, i couldn't put myself through that being taken away from me again so i quit completely.

I made my way back into the shore where Oliver was laying down reading a book wearing sunglasses "hey, watcha reading?" sitting down on the towel next to him

"The silent patient"

"oooo chilling" i say smiling, he finally looks up at me through his glasses a smile breaks from his face and i lay down next to him getting comfy "what's it about?"

"it's about this guy who's a criminal psychotherapist and works with this who girl killed her husband"

"why did she do it?"

"i don't know yet, i haven't gotten that far" his reply makes me roll my eyes and let out a small tsk

"cmon man, what have you been doing with all this time?" sarcastically throwing my hands around

"watching you" he states, turning to look at me making my face burn up. i reach up to his face and push it away so his eyesight is replaced with his book and not me. the sun becomes really bright and yellow from the sunset so i turn around laying on my stomach hoping to tan.

𓆉 𓆡𓆞𓇼𖦹𓆝

I'm back home in the kitchen with Oliver making some homemade pizzas, laughing about random things and listening to the music flowing out of my speaker. After i put the pizzas in the oven Oliver grabs my hand to dance with him, giggling when he has to bend down so he can spin under my finger. As we're dancing Gigi starts barking and spinning around in circles to join us dancing, i pick her up giving her a million kisses on her face never
getting used to how adorable she is.

15 minutes later Oliver exclaims "pizza's are ready"

i jump up off the couch, and sit on the barstool watching as he cuts my cheese pizza into slices and puts it on a plate handing it too me "thank you" i say giving him a smile

"what are friends for"

𓆉 𓆡𓆞𓇼𖦹𓆝

lol

1190 words