🌊 chapter 4

"do you think this is cute?" Grace says holding up a soft pink top to her chest

Jade studies the top carefully before running away and coming back other items that match the top. "go try these on with the top i guarantee you they'll look amazing"

As Grace leaves, Jade turns to me and says "how are you? i haven't seen you since the party?"

"i'm good, you?"

"good, where did you go that night?"

"oh i just sat outside" i reply

"by yourself" Jade questions

I clear my throat "no actually with Oliver"

She gives me a knowing look before saying "you and Oliver remind me of my relationship with my girlfriend"

"what do you mean?" i ask not understanding what she's getting at

"just that like instant attraction, wanting to be with them all the time" Jade says casually

I almost choke on my own spit "Me and Oliver are just friends, he doesn't like me like that and i don't like him like that"

Jade opens her mouth but gets interrupted when Grace comes back from the dressing room "are you guys ready to go to the beach?"

we both nod our heads and drive to the beach in Jades car, playfully singing to the music playing on the stereo.

As soon as we enter the beach i almost run to it but instead i wait for everyone else and start walking to the salty sea.

as soon as we get there we lay our stuff down on the sand and reveal our swimmers that we were wearing underneath our clothes, Jade and i head to the beach with Grace staying on the shore saying she would prefer to read her new fantasy book.

Jade and i stay out in the ocean for a while, splashing each other and laughing till our stomachs hurt. we decide it was time to head back to our spot and join Grace.

We spent the rest of our beach day eating snacks and laughing at the stories shared around.

𓆉 𓆡𓆞𓇼𖦹𓆝

We soon went home and i was currently sitting on the couch watching my favourite show and cuddling with Gigi, when my door knocked. I walked to the door and pulled it open becoming face to face with Felix "oh hey, what are you doing here? is Grace okay?"

"yeah yeah she's fine, i actually wanted to talk to you about something if that's okay"

"yeah of course come in"

We sit down on the kitchen table as awkward silence surrounds us before Felix breaks it by saying "i'm here becuase i needed your help. I've been thinking of asking Grace to move in with me"

my heart swells when he says that already knowing that it's going to make both of them incredibly happy "that's so great!! what do you need from me?"

"well i didn't want to ask her and then her feel like she has to agree without actually wanting to.. so i was wondering if you would somehow bring the idea up around her so you could see what she thought of it. i just know that i wouldn't be able to live with myself if i somehow forced her to move in the me." he says

"yeah of course i'll do that, whatever you need"

he lets out a relieved sigh "okay thank you" he said sitting up "i have to go i just dropped by on my way to work but thank you so much"

I walk him to the door before shutting it on him, i say "hey Felix" he faces me "she's gonna love it" he breaks out into a wide smile turning around and shaking his head as he walks down the porch steps.

𓆉 𓆡𓆞𓇼𖦹𓆝

It's the next day and i'm working with Grace for half of my shift, we've been working aimlessly, doing stock and customer service.

Once the store quite's down a bit i ask "so how are you and Felix? it's your 2 year coming up soon right?"

"yeah we amazing, it's in a month"

"aww how sweet, do you see a future with him?"

"yeah i do definitely"

"like the whole getting married, having kids, living together type thing?" i ask trying to not make it too obvious although i'm sure i'm doing a horrible job at it

she laughs a bit "yes Hali, why are you asking?"

"i don't know, i just wanted to know how you felt about him and if he is you know 'the one'" i ask as i do bunny ears saying the last 2 words

"just because you don't believe in soulmates doesn't mean you won't have one. i found mine, you will to"

i roll my eyes "i doubt it the last guy i went out with, couldn't even remember my name and only talked about himself the whole night" i mean my name is four letters how could you forget that "and he also said that surfing's not a sport" surfing takes years of hard work and experience, being out on strong waves like that can be brutal and insanely dangerous.

"well there's always other people you know people who could be right in front of your eyes, someone who's been friends with you for a short amount of time and works as a mechanic" she says nudging my shoulder with hers

i roll my eyes "we've only known each other for like 2 weeks, we're just friends i don't think of him like that. what is with you guys? this is not something we are shipping"

"oh but yes it is Hali Elizabeth Parker, it certainly is" she says wiggling her eyebrows while walking backwards making me laugh.