3.

"Once our home state of Virginia joined confederacy in 1861, it created a tremendous amount of tension within the state. People in Virginia's northwest region had different ideals than those from the traditional deep south. Then Virginia divided in 1863 with the northwest region joining the union," Mr. Ass wipe Tanner the history teacher explains.

Miranda felt eyes looking over at her as she avoided them at all costs. Her phone dinged as Elena's did as well as Caroline's.

HAWT-E. STARING @ U Both the text read as Elena and Stefan were smiling and looking at each other causing Miranda to roll her eyes as she held up her hand.

"Ms. Summers what can I do for you?" He asked as she stood up.

"May I be excused please?" She asks as she left class before Tanner could respond.

"Well she just walked out, anyone else want to as well?" Tanner says as Stefan raised his hand.

"Actually I do as well, I'm just using the bathroom though," Stefan said before walking out after Miranda.

Elena couldn't help but frown at the situation.

As soon as Stefan was out of the classroom Miranda held him up against the wall in a choke hold.

"What are you doing back here Salvatore?"

"I could ask the same about you Miranda Mikaelson," he says as Miranda growled before letting Stefan fall to the floor.

"Don't call me that, right now I'm Miranda Summers, Cousin to Elena Gilbert,"

"Why are you here? To be friend Elena? To use her for something?"

"I'm on a mission here. My Uncle sent me to watch over the latest doppleganger and its exactly what I'm doing,"

"I need to know that your not a threat to Elena,"

"I'm no threat to her Stefan, nor to you,"

"Where have you been all these years Miranda? I thought you died back in 1920?"

"My father made it seem that way. He didn't exactly approve of us being together you know, he thought by faking my death you would move on from me,"

"But I never did move on from you. I mourned over you, what we had was magical Miranda, you can't deny that," Stefan said pinning Miranda against some lockers with her hands above her head.

Miranda turned them over so Stefan was the one pinned against the lockers.

"Now you must have that with Elena now don't you?" She whispers into his ear causing him to shiver.

He shook his head.

"No, we can work this out,"

"Stefan, my father was right, we can't be together it would never work between us, do us all a favor and leave Mystic Falls, its easier for everyone,"

"I know you don't mean that Miranda, somewhere inside you still want me, want us,"

"You assume too much Stefan," Miranda said before releasing him as she walked away from him and Stefan stared after her.

It was after school where Miranda decided to visit the Gilbert's grave in the cemetery. She had her hands stuffed in her pocket as a tear ran down her face.

"You guys didn't deserve to die, we miss you every single day," She said just as a crow appeared on top of the headstone.

"Of course, when one brother is here the other isn't far away, Damon," Miranda said as a fog started to appear.

"Your alive," Damon said within the fog as he was standing near a tomb.

"Are you Salvatore's that surprised?"

"Tell me did my brother feel alive knowing your around again or is he perhaps stuck on the new doppelganger in town?"

"Making me upset doesn't work like that doll, why don't you come out and show yourself? Although ripping your heart out might be in the works too,"

Nothing but silence. Miranda looked to see Damon had disappeared Miranda turned to leave when she ran into Stefan with Elena by his side.

"Cousin, what are you doing out here?"

"Paying your parents a visit, you?"

"Same, and Stefan has family here too so we decided to go together,"

Miranda smiled as she nodded her head. Stefan was staring at her like he couldn't believe she was really here. It made him rethink things as he glanced over between Miranda and Elena.

"I'll see you at home Elena," Miranda finally confirmed before turning to walk away not once sparing Stefan a glance.

Once the cemetery visit was over Stefan Salvatore went to the boarding house straight to his room. He opened up his Diary.

Dear Diary,

I'm only here for Elena Gilbert right? Well it turns out Miranda Mikaelson is here in town too. She's going by Miranda Summers, and shes living in the Gilbert's house hold posing as Elena's cousin. I don't know why she's here but she's getting in the way of things. I'm only here for Elena Gilbert right? Right?

Stefan sighs as he closes his diary he's not too sure what he wants anymore, but one thing he does have intentions on doing is having Miranda Mikaelson back in his life again.