7.

Miranda Mikaelson was in the woods with her empty cup of alcohol as she dropped it to the ground. 

"Well, Well, Well," A voice says from beyond the trees as Miranda stopped walking. 

"Damon Salvatore," Miranda drawls out just as he appeared behind her and smirked. 

"Miranda Sommers, or is it Mikaelson your real last name?"

"What do you want from me?" She asked backing away from him.

"You were once infatuated with my brother, I wonder if he still feels the same way for you, I'm trying to get him away from Elena and in order to do that you'll have to die for a bit,"

"What?" She asked confused just as Damon shoved a stake he pulled out from behind his back into her stomach as she screamed loudly in pain. 

"D-Damon why did you-" She struggled to say before her face began gray and vines appeared as she fell to the ground. 

"Because I want Elena Gilbert, and I'm testing something out," He says smirking. "If anything you should be thanking me, I'm getting you two back together," he said to her corpse before vamp speeding away.

Stefan was with Elena and Bonnie as she was laughing at something he had said, but that's when he heard a scream from a far distance, and not just any scream. 

"Miranda," he says before quickly walking away ignoring Elena yelling for him to come back. 

He smelt blood, and not just any blood. It was Miranda's blood. Once he was clear from human sight he vamp speed to her location as he dropped to the ground when he saw her face covered in vines and gray. He was on his knees as he noticed a stake inside her stomach. This was the exact same way she looked back when he thought he lost her for good.

"No, no, No, No, Miranda, Miranda please you can't be dead I-I just got you back," Stefan says pulling the stake out quickly as he held her body close to her. 

"Please Miranda open your eyes, you cant leave me not again," Stefan says pulling her even closer to him. 

Tears made its way to his eyes as memories of when they met, every laugh, every moment of them hunting, every moment of storytelling, every moment of gazing at the stars, every moment of hanging out with one another came to the surface. Seeing her dead in his arms as he rocked back and forth made Stefan realize something that he's been denying himself. 

He's still in love with Miranda Mikaelson. He wanted to be in love with Elena Gilbert, he really did, but Miranda is alive and he still has feelings for her. He never stopped. 

"S-Stefan," Miranda says from his chest as Stefan eyes widened as he pulled away from her chest to see Miranda's eyes opened once more the vines and gray skin color was gone as her natural pale beauty was seen once more. 

"M-Miranda! Jesus thank God your okay, I thought I lost you," He says pulling her into his chest once more. 

"I'm an original a stake doesn't kill me," She says weakly hugging Stefan back. 

"What happened? Please tell me who did this to you," he begged eyes pleading with hers.

"Damon Salvatore, said he wanted to prove something before staking me,"  She sighs before getting up from Stefan's arms. 

"Damon's here?" He questioned furrowing his eyebrows together. 

"Yeah, I saw him twice already I thought you knew," 

Stefan shook his head. 

"I didn't, it cant be good for either of us if he's here," 

"STEFAN!" The voice of Elena called not far. 

"It's Elena, I have to go Stefan," She said about to turn and leave but a hand gripped onto her wrist. 

"Stay please, I let you go once and Damon came after you, I can't lose you Miranda,"

"If you lose me you'll have Elena,"

"She's not the one I want," He quietly mumbles shaking his head as Miranda looked at him with wide eyes. 

"There you two are!" Elena says with Bonnie and Caroline panting out of breath. 

"We were looking for you, Stefan what was wrong with my cousin? You said her name before vanishing,"

"Nothing Elena, its nothing Stefan just wanted to come check on me, he was worried because he hasn't seen me in a while,"

"Oh," She said before looking down at the situation seeing Stefan's hand in her wrist as slight jealousy came across her. 

Miranda noticed as she pulled her wrist away from Stefan's causing  him to look over at her. 

"Its not what it looks like, look to make everyone stop worrying over me I'm going to go home,"

"let me walk you to your car," Stefan tries as he stepped forward causing Miranda to step back.

"No Stefan, I can handle myself. Besides Elena needs you more anyways," She said her eyes flickering over to her cousins before Miranda left the situation alone.