4.

"We need to talk," Elena said crossing her arms as she returned home and went straight into Miranda's room.

"About what?" She asked sitting up in her bed.

"You and Stefan, spill whats the story?"

"No story involved, he was someone I once knew in my life,"

"Is he an ex?" She asked crossing her arms as she looked down.

"Elena.... I dont want to talk about it,"

"Miranda! I need to know so I can back off of him! the girl code remember?"

"But he makes you happy, who am I to take that from you?" She asked causing Elena to roll her eyes.

"I can be happy with other people, If he's your ex just say it,"

"Yes Elena, he is my Ex, but please forget the girl code, you need to be happy with him,"

"Its wrong, you've already dated him,"

"Elena-"

"No buts, that's final. Now come were meeting Bonnie and Caroline at the grill,"

"We are?"

"Yes," she said grabbing Miranda's hand and going down the stairs.

Jenna was down there as Elena cleared her throat.

"We're meeting Bonnie at the grill,"

"More like I'm forced to," Miranda mumbled causing Elena to elbow her as she pretended to grunt in pain.

"Okay, have fun. Wait, I got this. Don't stay out late, it's a school night, and that goes for both of you,"

"Well done aunt Jenna," Elena smiles as Miranda gave her a thumbs up.

When Miranda goes to open the front door she was shocked to see Stefan on the other side of the door. The two eyes meet before his eyes landed on Elena's behind her. Miranda backed away and pushed Elena forward.

"Oh...." Elena said looking at Miranda with a raised eyebrow.

"Sorry, I was about to knock. I wanted to apologize for my disappearing act earlier. I know it was...strange," He said looking at Miranda for a brief second as she understood immediately without him having to say.

He must have been around Elena's blood. Stefan doesn't do too well with human blood.

"No worries. I get it, blood makes you squeamish," Elena nods her head.

"Um, something like that. How's your leg?" He asked her although Miranda noticed despite her being behind Elena he kept glancing towards her as well.

"Oh, it's fine. Just a scratch, barely. How did you know where I lived?"

"Miranda was kind enough to tell me," he says giving her a smile that said 'buy the story or I'll end you'.

She rolled her eyes as Elena looked over at her.

"Really? Why would you do that cuz?"

"Stefan kept asking me about you so I had to tell him, I was bullied out of it,"

Elena giggled as she rolled her eyes at her cousin before turning to look at Stefan.

"Um, I thought you might want this back," Stefan says handing her the diary.

"Oh, I must have dropped it. I--thank you,"

"Don't worry, I didn't...read it,"

"No? Why not? Most people would have,"