3

Something told me to get used to him lying.
Cause indeed I had to duck and hide, quite often before we could get on the train. I slept under his bed and spent quite a bit of time there. Hours, but I can't fully tell. He slipped me snacks every now and again.

He wore a grey uniform that complimented his shape. Seemed calmer, less dark. The ride would be long, so I decided to study him whenever he wasn't looking. This man had issues. I could see it in his face. But it intrigued me. I can't remember the last time I was scared of a man. They don't phase me. Fear and shock stems from expectations and false comfort. But I see them. I see him.

I was still in my rags, a shower desperately in need.
"We're going to stop off at my families place before we see Dr.Gaul" he said, breaking the silence.

"Oh yeah, the crazy bitch you told me about." I replied.
"She is a bit looney but she has the right idea on things." Snow said.

"Oh?"

He looked at me, hard, and back out the window, as if he could taste the judgement I made.
"I never truly liked politics." And that was the truth. I HATED them. Politics that are part of the reason my family was not with me.
He was silent for a moment and then leaned in to speak.
"Me neither." He winked at me and then leaned back, giving me an understanding smile.
I love a man who's completely full of shit. It's entertaining.
There is no way in hell you are from the capital and aren't that into politics.

"Y'know?" He began.
"I feel like we started off a little rocky. I've been thinking about it over the past couple days since I brought you with me. That wasn't a very... friendly introduction. Let's start again."
I look at him with curiosity as he reaches from behind him and pulls out a white rose.

"Hi, my name is Coriolanus Snow and you have to be the most beautiful woman I've ever seen." He held out the rose and let me take it. As I retrieve it he leans down to take my hand and kiss it. He oozed charm. It was practically painted on his face.
"Well my name is Y/n woods and it is a pleasure to meet you." I laugh as he continues to smile at me.
"You know, I am serious. Despite the state I was in out there, my first, genuine thoughts were about how beautiful you are." Snow said.
"Oh really? And That's why you made enough time to pick this Rose?" I said.
"I actually had picked that up right before we left for the train station. You were just under my bed when I did it. It was the only one in radius." Snow said. He was giddy about it.
"Well it's stunning." I replied.
"You have a favorite plant Y/n? Mine has been white roses my whole life." Snow said.

"Swamp potato. Always thought they were so beautiful."

His face dropped into a million mile stare.

"Katniss." He replied.

"Thats a much more classy name for sure. Katniss." I smiled at the name. His face looked so  solid and his eyes got cold.