4

"Ohhhh look at you!" The older woman approached snow with a warm hug, and snow returned the hug with gentle kindness.
"Cousin." Snow smiled and gave the other woman a hug. A very pretty family to say the least.
They chatted amongst themselves before
Snow turned around to introduce me.
"Tigris, Grandma'am, this is my friend Y/n."
His grandmother looked at me with joy, Tigris looked at me with worry masked with a smile.
"Aren't you gorgeous!" Snows grandmother said, giving me a big hug.

"It is very nice to meet you Y/n." Tigris said. No hug was given.
"What brings you here?" Grandma'am asked. The question startled me, and I didn't know what to say. But snow had spoke first before the silence started.
"Is it alright if she stays with us for awhile? Schoolmate." Snow asked.
His grandma's expression rounded into slight shock. Tigris's expression did not change.

" I don't take up too much room. And I won't eat big." I said, to fill up the silence.
"Oh don't be silly, what's ours is yours." Grandma'am said.
I knew what the question was on everyone's mind. Where the fuck did she come from?
" Let's set you up with something nice to wear." Tigris said, leading me into another room filled with clothes and fabrics.
"You sew?" I asked.
"Cant remember the last time I didn't." Her company was friendly but underneath it I still felt worry.

" I know you don't know snow from school."

My face drooped and I couldn't respond.
"It's okay. Just thought you should know you don't have to lie around me." Tigris said. She began to flip through hanging clothes, opening up chests full of dresses and loose fabric.
"This is perfect" Tigris pulled out a red two piece suit, the bottoms being a tight skirt, the undershirt, baby blue. I have never worn something like this before. It was so put together.

Tigris put the suit up against me.
"It just might fit." She said.
I smiled at her and she smiled back. It was quiet for a moment.

"Be careful."

Her words made my chest hurt.
"I'm not familiar with the capital but I think I should be able to get around just fine." I said.

"I'm not talking about the capital."

"Oh I hope I'm not interrupting, it's just Snow was looking to head out soon Y/n." Snow's grandmother interrupted, peaking her head through the doorway.
"Just a moment Grandma'am." Tigris put the outfit in my hands.
"The bathrooms right outside this room to the left. You can leave your clothes in there and I'll wash them." Tigris said, giving me a head nod.

I changed out of my old clothes into the outfit Tigris gave me. I hadn't looked at myself in the mirror for quite some time. I looked haggard with potential. Some makeup and a hairbrush was laid out on the bathroom sink. I took advantage. Tying my hair back and putting on whatever seemed right. I took one final look and a deep breath before opening the door and running into snow.
"Sorry, just wanted to make sure you were... alright." Snow stared at me so hard I felt him burn holes into me.
"You look... beautiful, classy." He said. His eyes softened.
" I think we're ready to go."