6

Snow's cousin and grandmother were out of the apartment when we got back, leaving dinner for us that was still hot.
We sat across from each other at the dining table, a nice bouquet of flowers set in the middle of the table. On our plates were ham with pineapple, a mix of  broccoli and cauliflower, seasoned rice and bread. Wine sat in our cups. It had been awhile since I ate anything as close to good food like this. We took bites of our food and kept silent, atleast until I spoke.

"She had mentioned a man named Sejanus during your meeting. Betray a friend?" I asked.
Snows glance up at me was sharp and harsh. It was a look a parent gave when you were about to push their buttons. He was silent.

"Correct me if I'm wrong, but being the cause for your friends death and then accepting a
Scholarship from that same friends parent because that parent has the sugar coated version of how the friendship was, is quite dark."

Snow slammed both fists on the table, causing me to jump. I put my fork down.
It was quiet once again.
I never strayed from letting people know their wrongs. From my perspective, that meeting was vague, but I was given enough to know that snow was wrong. I must have struck a nerve. He thinks he's wrong too.

"Why did you offer to be an assistant to Dr.Gaul?" Snow asked, his voice lower than expected.
"What else was I supposed to do. She asked how I'm paying for school, I had no other answer but to be of service to her." I replied.

"You don't understand. You don't think that woman knows you aren't a student? You basically told her 'If you don't make a fuss about me being an outsider of the district I will be your puppet'. Everything, EVERYTHING you do needs to be perfect. Everything! It falls on the both of us if it's not. Im studying under her Y/n." Snow had a million yard stare and a hand to his mouth.

"You asked me to be here Snow!"
"BECAUSE I THOUGHT YOU WERE SMARTER!" He shouted.

"YOU told me I wouldn't have to worry about lying cause you'd protect me. Now you're stressing about the lying you said I wouldn't have to worry about. Why do you want me here snow?" I said. He was silent. He got up from
his seat and went into a different room.
Very mature.