Fear,Boggart

Hermione, Ron, and Alphard were sitting at the Gryffindor table while Dumbledore delivered his speech.

"Professor Lupin seems like a good teacher," said Hermione.

"Yeah, he is quite nice, better than Lockhart, I believe," added Ron.

Meanwhile, Alphard was looking at his sister at the Slytherin table. She was sitting alone, considering that Draco hadn't shown up yet. She looked tired, her smile had faded, and she appeared paler than the last time he saw her. Her gray eyes held tears, and he knew it because, after all, she was his twin sister. She was looking at the headmaster, listening carefully.

"Welcome!" said Dumbledore, the candlelight shimmering on his beard. "Welcome to another year at Hogwarts! I have a few things to say to you all, and as one of them is very serious, I think it best to get it out of the way before you become befuddled by our excellent feast...." Dumbledore cleared his throat and continued,

"As you will all be aware after their search of the Hogwarts Express, our school is presently playing host to some of the dementors of Azkaban, who are here on Ministry of Magic business."

"They are stationed at every entrance to the grounds," Dumbledore continued, "and while they are with us, I must make it plain that nobody is to leave school without permission. Dementors are not to be fooled by tricks or disguises -- or even Invisibility Cloaks," he added blandly, and Harry and Ron glanced at each other. "It is not in the nature of a dementor to understand pleading or excuses. I, therefore, warn each and every one of you to give them no reason to harm you. I look to the prefects, and our new Head Boy and Girl, to make sure that no student runs afoul of the dementors," he said.

"And another thing, I want you all to welcome Professor Lupin, who has kindly consented to fill the post of Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher, and that Professor Kettleburn, our Care of Magical Creatures teacher, retired at the end of last year in order to enjoy more time with his remaining limbs. However, I am delighted to say that his place will be filled by none other than Rubeus Hagrid, who has agreed to take on this teaching job in addition to his gamekeeping duties."

Of course, Professor Snape, the Potions master, was staring along the staff table at Professor Lupin. It was common knowledge that Snape wanted the Defense Against the Dark Arts job but failed. When she turned her eyes to meet Alphard's,

"Are you even listening to us?" said Hermione.

"Hum... umm..." said Alphard.

"Honestly? Harry, pass me that glass of juice," said Hermione.

Next morning, they had Transfiguration, and everyone was listening carefully about Animagus. Meanwhile, Rosalie was sitting on her chair next to the window, looking at the foggy sky, deep in thought.

"Miss Black," Rosalie turned her head. "What plant does a wizard need to complete the transformation?" said Professor McGonagall.

"A Mandrake, I believe," said Rosalie in a low voice.

A small smile appeared on McGonagall's face. "Very good, 10 points to Slytherin." Slytherins were happy, meanwhile, the Gryffindors were kind of jealous.

The class ended, and as Rosalie was walking with Pansy Parkinson to Care of Magical Creatures,

"You know, Trelawny's class is wild. It's a pity you didn't sign up for it," said Pansy.

"Divination is not my thing. It's a waste of time, I believe," said Rosalie.

They headed toward Hagrid's class but were a bit late. Harry had succeeded; he played with Buckbeak. When Draco came up with another stupid idea, he went forward despite Hagrid's warning and fell to the ground.