Destiny's Echoes

"At 7 in the morning, the boys' dorm was filled with snoring.

"Wake up, Ronald, we have Quidditch training today," said Harry, opening the curtains. "You too, Phardo."

"Don't call me Phardo," said Alphard, half-asleep. Ron threw a pillow at Harry, which made him jump over him.

"Honestly, you two act like you are 5," murmured Alphard.

"Oh, come on," said Harry, pulling away the blanket from Alphard. "Alright, wonder boy, I'm coming."

He stood up and went to the shower door. "Neville, are you done?" he said.

"Hey, I'm not in there," said Neville behind him.

"Oh, sorry mate. I thought you were in here."

Later on, Hermione, Harry, Ron, and Alphard were walking in the hall when they heard Professor McGonagall.

"Mister Black, Mister Potter, a word please," she said as she headed towards her office.

"See you at breakfast then?" said Ron.

"Yeah, well, I guess," said Harry.

As Alphard and Harry were sitting in the chairs in McGonagall's office, she offered them some cookies.

"There's no point hiding it from you any longer," she said in a very serious voice. "I know this will come as a shock to you, but Sirius Black--"
"I know he's after me," said Harry wearily.

"We heard Arthur telling. Mrs. Weasley he works for the Ministry of Magic."

Professor McGonagall seemed very taken aback. She stared at them for a moment or two, then said, "I see! Well, in that case, Potter, you'll understand why I don't think it's a good idea for you to be practicing Quidditch in the evenings. Out on the field with only Your team members, it's very exposed-"

"We've got our first match on Saturday!" said Harry, outraged.

"I've got to train, Professor!" said Alphard.

Professor McGonagall considered him intently. Harry knew she was deeply interested in the Gryffindor team's prospects; it had been she, after all, who'd suggested him as Seeker in the first place. He waited, holding his breath.

"Hmm..." Professor McGonagall stood up and stared out of the window at the Quidditch field, just visible through the rain. "Well... goodness knows, I'd like to see us win the Cup at last... but all the same, Potter, Black... I'd be happier if a teacher were present. I'll ask Madam Hooch to oversee your training sessions."

"Thank you, Professor," said Harry happily.

"You're the best, Minnie," said Alphard as he winked to his professor, taking a bite from his cookie.

She suddenly felt sad that one day James Potter and Sirius Black were in the same place with the same facial expressions.

~flashback~

"Please, Professor, just ask Professor Slughorn. You are a teacher; he can't say no to you," said James.

"Unfortunately, Mister Potter, you and Mister Black misbehaved and deserved detention," said Minerva.

"You know that the match against Slytherin is on Saturday. If we are on detention, that means that Gryffindor loses," said Sirius.

"Is that a threat, Mister Black?"

"Not at all, Minnie."

"Well -umm-I can make some exceptions, I guess," said Minerva with a little smile on her face.