Understanding your sexuality-part 1

(http://www.plannedparenthood.org/learn/sexual-orientation-gender)

(http://www.calmdownmind.com/understanding-your-sexual-energy-and-sexuality/)

(http://www.yoursexualorientation.info/Sexual_Orientation_Myths.php)

(http://www.thesite.org/sex-and-relationships/sexuality/exploring-your-sexuality-3353.html)

__________________________________________________________________________________

Each of us has a biological sex - whether we are female, male, or intersex. Our gender is our social and legal status as men or women. And sexual orientation is the term used to describe whether a person feels sexual desire for people of the other gender, same gender, or both genders.

Each of us has a gender and gender identity. Our gender identity is our deepest feelings about our gender. We express our gender identity in the way that we act masculine, feminine, neither, or both. Some of us are transgender - which means that our biological sex and our gender identity do not match up. Each of us also has a sexual orientation.

Understanding sexual orientation-an introduction

There is very common tendency to misunderstand sexual preferences with "relationship orientation". For example, being gay/homosexual is not just a sexual preference it's a relationship-orientation in a human. It's very common for people to misunderstand homo-sexuality with bi-sexuality mostly because both the terms contain the word "sexuality" it's assumed that both have to do purely with sexual preference, which is not really the case. Being gay is not just about sex, it's also about emotions, it involves your "heart" - a gay person has the make-up to fall in "love" with another person of the same sex wanting expressions like emotional bonding, marriage, family, etc, just like regular couples ("Lesbian" in the true sense is a woman who is gay). A gay man/woman would feel the same tingling emotions of love, in his/her heart, towards a person of the same-sex, just as a straight man/woman would feel towards a person of opposite sex.

The fact is that all humans have the capacity to "explore" bi-sexuality, if they want to. They've even come up with a term for it called "being bi-curious" which means you are exploring out of curiosity to understand what it feels like. The human mind is naturally curious, and inquisitive, and it's natural for it to feel curious about aspects of sexuality, and sometimes the curiosity takes the form of a real-life exploration. Of course the degree of inclination towards exploring bi-sexuality varies from person to person, just like how sex-drive varies from person to person. In many cases, a person with a high sex-drive is also someone who has a tendency towards exploring bi-sexuality as means of adding "diversity", or variety, in their sexual experience, or simply as a means to get a new high - of course, this is not true for everyone with a high sex drive, it's just a general tendency. Even if you have a high degree of inclination towards bi-sexuality it still doesn't make you gay because you are relating purely from the aspect of sex and you don't feel emotional love, or desire for an emotional relationship, with your sex partner - just to give an example, some men who explore bi-sexuality often state that they get grossed about cuddling or even French kissing with another man and they are only interested in the act of "raw sex" without the romance.

As I mentioned before, all humans have the capacity to explore bi-sexuality if they decide to do so - this means that you can develop an interest towards exploring some aspects of bi-sexuality in the future, even if you don't have it now. It depends on many things like your curiosity, external influences like your friends or media (for example, if bi-sexuality is made popular in the media, then you will notice people exploring it more from the "fascination" of it), your circumstances (for example, men end up having sex with other men in conditional situations like being in a prison), your sex-drive, your beliefs etc. So, in that sense, bi-sexuality is an expression that may or may not be explored, depending on various factors.