These sure sound cool. but they're not true-part1

The following information was gathered from the following website-

http://funny2.com/falsefactsc.htm

or should I say...the following

This time I'm writing the facts that are FALSE! LIES! INCORRECT! Plus some of them are really stupid...

But I don't know what the (thanks to...) is but I don't see what's wrong with it so I didn't delete it just in case.

BlackGuitar000

______________________________________________________________________________________

During the height of the hula-hoop craze, manufacturer Wham-O was making 20 each and every day.

To the Vikings, it was considered rude to kill someone wearing green. (thanks to Eric Snyder)

The first Egyptian chariots were powered by sails. (thanks to Eric Snyder)

Putting a stick of margarine in a diesel engine will increase mileage by approximately 10%. (thanks to Eric Snyder)

Osama Bin-Laden had a lifetime subscription to Mad magazine. (thanks to Eric Snyder)

In Norway, pickled herring is a separate food group. (thanks to Eric Snyder)

Albert Einstein was an avid bodybuilder.

If the Earth was put on a scale, scientists would be puzzled by the presence of that scale.

Winnie the Pooh was originally named "Winnie the Pee". (thanks to Eric Snyder)

After extensive study of the Shroud of Turin, it has now been theorized that Jesus had mutton chops.

The most downloaded song on iTunes in 2007 was "Afternoon Delight" by the Star land Vocal Band.

Citizens in Ohio unsuccessfully tried to start a charitable organization called "The Salvation Coast Guard". (thanks to Eric Snyder)

After he was President, Harry S. Truman briefly coached the Boston Celtics. (thanks to Eric Snyder)

Queen Elizabeth has seen the movie "Space balls" at least twelve times.

Isaac Newton invented the game Hopscotch. (thanks to Eric Snyder)

By law, all globes in Australia are displayed upside down. (thanks to Eric Snyder)

In Salt Lake City, Utah, all TGIFriday's restaurants must close at 6 pm on Friday.

Ben Franklin actually coined the phrase "Live Long and Prosper". (thanks to Eric Snyder)

Although Thursday is historically thought of as being named after the god Thor, it was actually named for his brother Thur. (thanks to Eric Snyder)

The most common greeting in Holland is "Hey, nice hat!"

Hillary Clinton has a CD of old standard love songs coming out in late 2008, just in time for the election.

To prepare for her studies with gorillas, Jane Goodall spent two years living in a Best Buy Electronics Store appliance section.

To present a more modern image, Planters has given Mr Peanut a single contact lens.

During "Happy Days" mania, nearly half of all new-borns in the United States were named "Fonzie".

Donald Trump's hair has its own zip code.

In the Cherokee language, there are only three numbers - one, two and plenty. (thanks to Eric Snyder)

Due to his constant name changes, Diddy hasn't received mail since 1977.

Don Ho spent six years in prison for strangling a tourist with a lei.

Experts predict that by 2009, every television commercial will feature Peyton Manning.

To enhance the home theatre experience, some installation companies will even install a sticky floor.

In 1997, Tony Bennett had a heart transplant in San Francisco's Mercy Hospital.

No one in Pontiac, Michigan owns a Pontiac car. (thanks to Eric Snyder)

In 1955, during the horse shortage, the Kentucky Derby was won by a mule.

Ironically, the show "American Bandstand" had a bandstand created in China.

At a Phoenician city dig, archaeologists found a primitive version of the game Chutes and Ladders. (thanks to Eric Snyder)

When released in late 2008, the Alaska state quarter will be larger than all the others.

In an Egyptian tomb, archaeologists have discovered a figure that looks amazingly like Papa Smurf.

Prior to their current ad campaign, Geico saved its policyholders an average of 25% on their car insurance.