CHAPTER 1

Third Person POV

On the the 8th August 2020, Cha Hyun-Su arrives at Green Home Mansion Apartment. After settling in his apartment, he sits in darkness contemplating whether he should kill himself. Hyun-Su eventually heads up to the rooftop and looks over the edge. However, he's distracted by Lee Eun-Yu, who advises him not to die as it would cause problems for everyone in the building. Later, Hyun-Su received a text announcing that he's been selected as a tester for an upcoming new video game, sets on the 25th August, he scheduled it as the day he'll suicide.

A week later, Hyun-Su finds his newly delivered package of ramyeon scattered all over the hallway, leading directly to his starving neighbor's blood-soaked room, where he saw the detached head of the owner's cat being dragged away by a bloody hand. He cowers back to his room, but the neighbor promptly arrives outside his door, pretending to be scared and begs for help, pleads with him to open up his door and stay with her. When he asks to see her arms through the doorbell camera, she becomes aggressive with blood oozing from her nose. She scurried away after hearing the music from Ji-su's room upstairs. As he heads outside to look for the woman, he finds Sang-Wook in the hallway and passes out right in front of him

(Y/N) POV

I went outside due to the loud noises I heard outside my apartment. After searching for the source of the noise, I saw two guys. One was about to hit the young boy, but stopped when the boy's nose started bleeding and he passed out.

"What is happening here?" I asked, looking at the man, the blood stains on the floor, and the package of ramen scattered around the hallway.

"I haven't hit him yet, I just came down here and his nose started bleeding. He said that he saw a monster." he said.

"Monster? That's ridiculous. Help him up to his apartment." He helped him up to his apartment and laid him down on his bed.

"I need to leave and find this "monster" he's talking about. You stay here and watch him." I nodded, and he left.

I looked at the young boy and recognize him. "Ohh? It's Hyun-Su! Wowww.. that's why you looks so familiar to me." I said, looking at his face.

⎯⎯

Hyun-Su groans as he swings back the curtains to see the world falling apart. The sight of the outside, with smoke, birds cawing, and also monsters, makes his eyes widen. I watched his reaction, and then I noticed that his nose begins to bleed, just as mine did before.

I rush Hyun-Su to the bathroom to clean him up. night falls once more. Hyun-Su is passing out again, and Apartment 1510 knocks on our door with a baseball bat in her hand. She tells us that she's also a victim of the "Lady Monster" everyone is talking about.

Hyun-Su seems to be having a bad dream. Ji-su touches his forehead and is a little taken aback. "Why is he so cold?" We hear a loud thud and footsteps shortly thereafter. Ji-su sighs and was about to leave, "Hey! Where are you going? It's dangerous outside!" I said, but she didn't listen to me and continue to go. I let her be and closed my eyes to get some sleep.

8 hours later, Hyun-su swings back the curtains to look out and sees that nothing has changed. The same sight greets him as before - smoke, birds cawing, and monsters outside the window. His nose begins to bleed again, and I rush him to the bathroom to clean him up.

When he was cleaned up, he turned to his laptop and began to read an article that had all the information about what was happening in the world.

It's not a disease, but a CURSE. CRUCRU.

I lay down on the bed and watch Hyun-Su busy reading about it. Suddenly, the internet connection drops, and he attempts to refresh the website, but it won't open. Hyun-Su's stomach growls and he lets out a soft chuckle. He turns his head to the door and stands up, putting his ear to the door to check if there's someone outside.

Hyun-Su slowly opened the door, and a monster's hand quickly grabbed the side of the door, causing us to freeze in place. Hyun-Su took a step back, and the monster entered the room. I then put my index finger up to my mouth, signaling Hyun-Su to stop making any noise. He nodded, and I turned my attention to the monster, who couldn't see us. I wondered what had happened to it.

Hyun-Su slowly reached for the broomstick, making sure not to make any noise. Suddenly, we heard noises coming from the speaker in the room. This noise caught the monster's attention, and it stretched out its arms, destroying the speaker. The monster then spoke, saying, "I hear you."

The monster slowly started walking towards the entrance and we wait until it was gone.

END OF CHAPTER 1

VOTE &
COMMENT

THANKYOU FOR READING!