CHAPTER 4

[CHAPTER 4]

We were currently walking down the stairs. Hyun and I were walking behind Apartment 1510 and the man. "Can we go downstairs like this? We need more useful things." the man with the katana complained. "We are the useful things." Apartment 1510 said. Then, when we came across a body, Apartment 1510 checked if the person was still alive, but they weren't. "He's still warm. Hasn't been dead for long." she said. She checked the pocket and found a bar. She then threw it to Hyun-Su, and he caught it. "Put it back if you don't want it." she told him. "You're cold." he said. "So what if that's true? I do worse to survive. And I suggest you do the same." she said. Then Hyun-Su put the bar in his pocket. "You both are one of us now." she added.

"Let's go." the man told us. They both walked ahead of us, and we were about to follow them when my eyes caught something. I turned to look at it when suddenly it pushed Hyun-Su off the railing. It happened so fast.

"Hyun-Su!" I screamed. He landed with a thud, and blood started pouring out of his head. I ran down the stairs immediately and checked Hyun-Su's pulse, and he's still alive, thankfully.

⎯⎯

Hyun-Su woke up from the nightmare, looking around to see the girl from the rooftop.

"I could've sworn I told you not to die here." the girl said. "Where am I?" Hyun-Su asked, looking around the room. "The place we all gather around and wait to die." the girl replied. "And the other three?" Hyun-Su's mind flashed to the others. "They're okay." the girl answered. Hyun-Su sighed in relief. "I guess you're not an asshole, then. You should worry about yourself." she said. "Huh?" Hyun-Su asked and looked at the girl.

"Eun-Yu." a man's voice said out of nowhere. A man with glasses came in, and the girl looked at him and walked out of the room, bumping into him.

"Are you okay? You passed out after falling from the 9th floor. The golden hour saved you. Did you know that? Isn't it ironic? The golden hour used to mean the last hour in which you're able to save someone's life, you know?" the man with glasses said. "Are you okay?" he asked again, and Hyun-Su touched the back of his head and looked at his hand to find blood. "I think I'm okay." he said. "Okay, it's going to be tough from now on."

I waited outside the room as Hyun-Su finally came out with the man. I was about to walk towards him when suddenly an old man came with a box cutter in his hand. "You're all out of your minds. You brought a monster in here." he said, approaching Hyun-Su. "Don't you dare turn." he warned, then slide up the blade slider placing the blade against Hyun-Su's neck. "Got it? You crazy monster. Or I'll slice your throat myself." he threatened. I then came out from behind the old man and placed the sharp knife closely to his neck. "Do you want all your blood to come out? hmm? what can you say?" I said in a cold tone. He quickly removed the cutter from Hyun-Su's neck. "Let go of me!" he shouted, frightened, as I removed the knife from the old man's neck. "Son of a bitch." he said, and look at me once again, annoyed.

⎯⎯

"What did you say?"

"We can't just do that." Apartment 1510 and the man with the katana protested. "We can't miss the golden hour." the old man said. "The lord said you—" the man with the katana started but was cut off. "I'm sure Jesus never liked a world like this, did he?" the old man asked. "It's for all our safety." he yelled.