CHAPTER 5

[CHAPTER 5]

I'm still in the room with Hyun-Su, the old man, and there's this creepy guy who said that he's also infected, but I can sense that he's not even infected. Suspicious.

We were waiting there when Eun-Hyeok opened the door and came in. The old man went up to him and insisted that he's alright. "Cha Hyun-Su." he called out Hyun-Su's name, ignoring the old man. Hyun-Su looked at Eun-Hyeok. "I need to talk to you." Eun-Hyeok said. "What?" The smile on the old man's face faded. "You're only taking him? What about me?" he asked, but Eun-Hyeok ignored him. Hyun-Su followed Eun-Hyeok when the old man touched Hyun-Su's arm. "You know, he's using you." the old man said, but Hyun-Su ignored him and continued to follow Eun-Hyeok. "Hey!" the old man shouted. Eun-Hyeok closed the door and locked it. "Hey! Let me out too!" The old man went to the door and tried to open it. "You won't be able to get out of here, and soon you will become one of those monsters." I said, looking at him in a serious face. "You don't know anything, and I won't turn, so shut your mouth, you bitch." he said and went back to the couch. Of course, I do know something, and you will turn whether you like it or not.

⎯⎯

"What? You want Hyun-Su to go to Room 1408 and get Du-Sik? Then I'm coming with him." I said.

"You can't. It'll be dangerous outside." Eun-Hyeok said. "I can't leave all the work to Hyun-Su, so I'm coming with him." I insisted. "Hyun-Su's job will only be more difficult if you come along." he said.

I scoffed. "Wow... You're rude, Eun-Hyeok, aren't you? You're literally saying that I can't do anything because you think I'm weak?" I asked, looking him. "Okay, fine. Go with Hyun-Su." he said, and I nodded. "Thanks."

Then there's this man again who we saw before who is about to hit Hyun-Su. "Move it." he said to the man guarding the door. "Ah... I... No, you can't..." he stuttered. "Open it." Eun-Hyeok said. "Are you sure this is okay?" the man guarding the door asked. "No, but I don't think we can stop him." He then looked at the man. The man removed the blockages at the door, took off the chain from the door knobs, and opened it. Hyun-Su started walking, and then Eun-Hyeok touched his shoulder, getting his attention. "Wait." he whispered something in Hyun-Su's ear, and Hyun-Su's face clearly showed shock.

⎯⎯

We were now heading to Room 1408, and then there's this man walking in front of us. I looked at Hyun-Su, and it seemed like something was bothering him. "What is it?" I asked. He then looked at me. "It's nothing." he replied.

We're currently here. I don't know what floor this is, but right now, there are monsters we're fighting, and Hyun-Su looks like he can't do it anymore. He threw himself out the door and tried to get up with blood around his face.

After fighting those monsters, we followed Hyun-Su. We were behind him, and his eyes were completely black. "Hyun-Su? are you okay?" I asked him, but he didn't reply and continued to go up, and we followed him. But when we reached another floor, his eyes turned back to normal. "I think..." he spoke up, making the man and me look at him, and his eyes turned black again. "There's a monster inside. Let's go kill it. We can destroy it right now." he said, pointing at the door and smiling, which creeped me out. He then opened the door and was about to go inside when he looked at us once again. "You're scared, aren't you?" he said, then went inside, but the man pulled him out and threw a punch to his stomach. Hyun-Su coughed, and then he turned back to normal. I can sense something from inside, this is bad.