CHAPTER 10

[CHAPTER 10]

The elevator opened, revealing Hyun-Su and Ui-Myeong behind him. The others kept their weapons pointed at both of them. Hyun-Su walked a few steps towards us.

Yi-kyung then approached Hyun-Su, still pointing the gun at him. "Hyun-Su, what's going on with you?" she asked. "Did I win?" Ui-Myeong asked from behind. "Hyung-Su is okay." Eun-Hyeok said. Ui-Myeong then walked beside Hyun-Su, and Yi-kyung lowered her gun. "Is that so?" he asked, touching the barrel of the gun. "Don't move." Sang-Wook told him, pointing his gun. "You know, those things can't kill me." Ui-Myeong said. "Don't worry about it. I'll find a way to kill you when I need to." Sang-Wook replied. I looked at Hyun-Su with concern and asked if he was okay, but he just looked at me. "Come here quickly. Come here." Mr. An said, but Hyun-Su walked over to Sang-Wook instead. "Put that away." he ordered. "He saved my life." he added. "Think about what they did." Seung-Wan said. "Hyun-Su. He killed his own men. Do you trust him?" Byeong-Il was cut off by Hyun-Su. "Do you trust me?"

"He's just like me. So please put your guns down." Hyun-Su said, raising his voice, and everyone lowered their guns.

I heard a whistle, so I went over to where they were about to burn the slimy monster. "Where are you going, Yeong-Su?" Su-Yeong asked, pulling Yeong-Su back. Seung-wan was holding a Molotov cocktail, ready to throw it inside the vent. "Su-Yeong, it's my friend." Yeong said to his sister. Then the slimy monster waved its hand at Yeong-Su. "It helped me." Yeong-Su added. Seung-Wan then threw the Molotov cocktail inside the vent. "No!" Yeong-Su screamed. "Out of the way!" Byeong-Il said, holding a fire weapon. "Stop it now!" I told them. "It won't attack us." I added. "Well, yes, but we..." Byeong-Il was cut off by Hye-In. "You don't know how it'll change!" she said. "Shoot it! It's a monster!" Su-Yeong yelled, holding up his brother who was crying hard and telling them to stop.

"Come on! Damn it!" Byeong-Il said before firing at the monster. I watched as they shot the monster who had helped us. It was the same one that protected Hyun-Su in the parking lot before. Why are humans so cruel?

Then Hyun-Su walked up to Ui-Myeong and said, "I guess you were right all along. Humans and monsters can't possibly coexist."

"It can't be helped." he said, then kneeled down next to the kids. He was about to touch Yeong-Su, but I grabbed his wrist to stop him. Then Eun-Yu came up and took the kids with her.

I looked at Ui-Myeong, still holding his wrist with a strong grip. "Look what we've got here. I can tell that you're one of us, aren't you?" he said, smirking. I released my grip on his wrist, stood up, and put my hands in my pockets.

I turned around to follow Eun-Yu, who was waiting for me not far away. Before I walked away, I looked at Ui-Myeong again and then back at Hyun-Su. "Hey, Cha Hyun-Su, be careful in choosing your new friends. You don't know if they're really true or not." I said, rolling my eyes, and caught up to Eun-Yu.

I was walking down the hallway when I heard Sang-Wook's voice. "Move away!" he shouted while running, carrying Yu-ri on his back, who was coughing and struggling to breathe.

When they reached the exit, they were thrown into the air by Ui-Myeong. Ui-Myeong approached Sang-Wook, stepping on his wrist and kneeling down to grab the car keys. Hyun-Su arrived and asked, "What's going on?" Ui-Myeong show the car keys to Hyun-Su. "They were trying to leave." Ui-Myeong replied. "It doesn't matter." Hyun-Su told him. "If they report us, the soldiers will come." Ui-Myeong said.

"We won't be here by then. Because I'm going to leave with you," Hyun-Su said, and my heart shattered upon hearing those words. I clenched my fist and looked at Hyun-Su. Then, I slapped him hard. "What? You're going to leave? Then go!" I gritted my teeth as he looked at me, touching his cheek where I had slapped him. I then walked back to where Eun-Yu was.