Act 3: Rest from the DEAD

You were helping Takashi and Kohta break open the locker containing weapons. Kohta geeked over the weapons as you and Takashi overhear the girls causing a ruckus in the bathroom.

Takashi: "They seem to be having fun."

"Just let them. They've been through a lot, just like us."

Takashi: "You're right. I just feel like we're not going to get another moment of rest like this."

"Well, until we get moving in the morning, just rest while you still can."

Takashi: "At least you got supplies while you were separated from us."

"Well, food is a necessity for an apocalypse like this. I'm going downstairs to sit down and take my mind off of all this for a little bit."

Takashi: "You do that. I'm going to do the same as soon as we load these weapons. Sucks that they're not already in the ammo clips."

You went downstairs and started sketching in your notebook. You were sketching Saya doing a cool pose with flowers behind her when she appeared behind you.

Saya: "I will admit that is impressive, but next time, don't draw people without their permission."

"Sorry. Just thought I'd do a cool sketch of you to spray paint."

Saya sighed and sat down next to you.

Saya: "You're really into street art."

"Yeah. Figured it'd be a good way to show my creativity to the world."

Saya: "All I can say is that before all this happened, you couldn't just put your art on whatever you find. It'd be no different than graffiti."

"I'm not trying to be a dick, but does stuff like that have any meaning at this point?"

Saya: "No, not really, but you got to pay attention and focus on surviving in this world."

"Nice to hear you care about me."

Saya: "I'm just saying that since my favorite snack was in the bags of food you brought."

"I figured. Still, it was nice to hear that."

Saya: "Don't mention it."

You continued sketching as Saya remained silent.

"Anything else on your mind? You can tell me."

Saya: "Do you think life can ever go back to before?"

"I do think so, just not for a long time. And not everything will remain the same."

Saya: "Still, It's nice to have hope that it can."

"So don't lose it. It's a very hard thing to come by."

Saya gave a small smirk before closing her eyes. You looked at Saya and kept on smiling before hearing the TV playing upstairs, and you to watch it.