Act 4: Together in the DEAD World

You were spray-painting a mural with multi-colored Chrysanthemums and the words "We're still alive" in the middle of it. You stepped back to get a better look at it.

Saya: "Y/N, come on. We got to go."

"I know. I'm coming."

You ran over to Saya and you walked back to a Humvee.

"It's been a few days since the world ended," you thought. "Since we left Saya's place and came across Alice and Zero. We had a close call with "Them" but we managed to escape, barely."

You and Saya entered a Humvee and Shizuka drove you away to a mansion.

"Saya's mom arrived with help. Saeko and Takashi got separated from us for a bit, but they found their way back. We're staying at Saya's parents' mansion. They treated us like kids, but we managed to convince them to let us help with scavenging supplies."

You, Saya, and Shizuka enter the mansion and went to a room.

Saya: "How many days have we been here?"

"Not long at all."

Shizuka: "I think it's pretty nice to have somewhere safe to be after having so many close calls."

"Well, if we ever want to go back to that independence we had, we'll all just move on by ourselves. I am happy for Saya that her parents are alive. I just feel like we shouldn't get too comfortable."

Saya: "Sometimes I think the same thing. I am glad my parents aren't dead, but I need some time to think."

"Take your time. We are having the shittiest week in human history."

Saya: "I'm just glad I can have some proper sleep even if it won't be for long."

Shizuka: "I should check on Takashi and Rei. Rest up, you two."

She left the room.

Saya: "Hey Y/N?"

"What's up?"

Saya: "What is your view on all this? The way you draw and keep doing your murals kinda imply that you are enjoying this."

"I just thought about some aspects of this whole apocalypse that I find enjoyable."

Saya: "And what's that?"

"For better or worse, we're free. No school, no need for work, no responsibilities. Aside from surviving, we can live however we want. And I will admit that I have boundaries that I will not cross. I just find it nice that I don't have to do my homework when school's over."

Saya: "That's certainly one way to see this. Do you want to world to stay like this?"

"No. I do want "Them" to disappear and never come back. I just want things to be less stressful."

Saya: "That part I can understand. Even a genius like me wants things to be less of a hassle."

"I know you do," you laughed. "And if you are ever interested, I'll help ya whenever you need it. No reason to keep a smart and beautiful lady hanging."

Saya blushed.

Saya: "I-I'll consider it."

After turning around, Saya gave you a small kiss on your cheek then looked away.

Saya: "That's just so you don't ask me to give you one. I'm not owing you any favors."

"I know."

You and Saya lie down and look up at the ceiling together.