Act 8: Order and the DEAD

You and Saya have taken cover with Kohta and Takashi behind cargo containers to avoid being shot at by marauders.

"Give us the kid, and we might let you guys live," one of the marauders said. "Even more likely if you hand over the girls."

Kohta: "Why the hell do they want Y/N?"

Saya: "They probably found out about the bite he survived."

Takashi: "No way in hell we're handing over anyone to you!"

The marauders opened fire and you pulled out a grenade.

"I was saving this for a rainy day."

Saya: "Well, things are looking grim for us, so use it!"

You nodded before pulling the pin and throwing the grenade near a bunch of gas barrels.

Takashi: "Run!"

You and the others did so before the grenade exploded along with the barrels, killing the marauders. Afterwards, you made it to where everyone else is hiding and Kohta handed over a canister of fuel to Rei.

Saeko: "We heard an explosion. What happened?"

Saya: "Damn Marauders that are part of something called the "New Order" tried to take Y/N and us, so we gave them our answer."

Rei: "We should go, then. We got what we need to make it to the next safe zone. We can stay there for a while until we decide or need to leave."

Everyone entered the Humvee and it drove off to the safe zone, where you walked into a lookout post. You looked at your arm and held out the spot where you got bit weeks ago.

Saya: "Whatever happened back then was bad, but might be a good thing. We might have the answer to this."

"We might be crossing that bridge sooner than we think."

Saya: "Yeah, but we'll get through this together, Dummy."

"Just because you're smarter than me doesn't mean I'm dumber than you."

Saya: "I guess, but I'm still the genius in this group."

"Whatever you say. How the hell did those bastards find out about that bite?"

Saya: "No idea, but we'll be safe here for a bit. A little tired of constantly moving around."

"Same. Want to go see what the others are doing?"

Saya: "Sure. Can't wait to see Kohta geek out over weapons or Takashi and Saeko end up in another one of their relationship's awkward as hell moments."

"Yeah," you said, laughing a little.

You and Saya climbed down the tower and saw that your friends are doing just as they expected.