Manorama ki Napharat

Agnes was involved in another accident on a busy day in the city, this time with Sunny's strict and traditional paternal aunt, Manorama. However, Manorama immediately expressed his unjustified scorn for the incident. "Dekho ki kahaan tumhe jaana hai! Aap jaise logo ko in sadako par nahi hona chaahiye(Watch where you're going! People like you are not supposed to be on these streets.)" Khushiś seems dejected. "Mujhe kshama kare ji. Yah galati se hua tha(I am sorry ma'am. It was by mistake.)" Manorama was not just upset by the incident; her disapproval of Agnes stemmed from her contempt for her strange manner, behavior, and lively personality. "Aap jaise log hi hamaare samaaj ko nasht karate hai. Yahaan aapaki tarah ki jaroorat nahi hai(People such as yourselves destroy our society. Your kind is not needed here.)" Agnes frowns. "Ma'am,main koi samasya paida karane ki koshish nahi kar raha tha. Main bas apana din jaari rakh raha hoon(I wasn't trying to cause any problems. I'm simply carrying on with my day.)" Manorama's biases prevented her from seeing past the first meeting, when she sneered at Agnes's outfit and casual manner. "Usake kapadon ki pasand par gaur kare! Hamaari sanskrti ke aadarshon ka anaadar(Observe her clothing choices! Disrespect for the ideals of our culture.)" Agnes examines her sleeveless churidar that she is wearing. "Ma'am,main jo hoon us par mujhe garv hai. Mera matalab kisi ka anaadar nahi hai(I take pride in who I am. I mean no disrespect to anyone.)" Manorama, who was raised with strong traditional beliefs, was disgusted by Agnes's seeming disdain for the norms of society. "Aap jaise log is shahar ka naitik aadhaar kho rahe hai. Ise bakhsha nahi jaega(People such as you are causing this city to lose its moral core. It won't go unpunished.)" Agnes takes offense. "Main apani jado ka sammaan karate hue badalaav ko apanaane mein vishvaas karata hoon,ji(I believe in embracing change while respecting our roots, ma'am.)" Agnes tried to ease the tension, but Manorama was irrational in her hatred and would not see past her preconceptions. "Main phir kabhi tumhaara chehara nahi dekhana chaahata. Hamaare parivaar se door raho(I want to never again see your face. Stay away from our family.)" Agnes felt the tears. "Ma'am,meree isaki koi yojana nahi thi. Main bas ek galati ka praayashchit karane ki koshish kar raha hoon(I had none of this planned. I'm simply trying to atone for an error.)" Agnes was the victim of Manorama's unjustified hatred in this conflict of beliefs and ideals. She had no idea that this incident would throw a wrench in her relationships with Sunny's extended family and create a problem that went beyond a simple run-in on the city's crowded streets. Agnes had no idea that Manorama's hatred for her vivacious and outlandish personality had turned into a cunning scheme. Manorma started secretly damaging Agnes's Chikankari saree company, driven by her enmity.  "Mere graahak customers saariyon ke baare mein shikaayat kyon karate rahate hai? Kya ho raha hai(Why do my customers keep complaining about sarees that are damaged? What's happening?)" Manorama was determined to bring Agnes down, so she secretly sought after the beautiful Chikankari sarees, slashing and shredding them before they could reach the consumers. "Yah bahut vinaashakaari hai. Aisa kaun kar sakata hai? Main is business mein vaastav mein kadi mehanat karata hoon(This is very devastating. Who could be doing this? I work really hard at this business.)" Agnes was baffled as to who would attempt to destroy her company and damage her well-earned image as more and more complaints came in and her reputation began to suffer. "Mujhe nahi pata ki aisa kyon ho raha hai. Mainne hamesha kaarobaar ko eemaanadaari se sambhaala hai(I don't know why this is taking place. I've always handled business with honesty.)" Agnes started to feel the effects of the sabotage's emotional and financial pressure. She lost her hopes and dreams with every damaged saree. Agnes is inconsolable. "I'm not sure how long I can continue like this. Everything is crumbling." Manorama, meanwhile, was rejoicing in her covert triumph and the destruction that she had brought about. Her baseless animosity towards Agnes turned into an implicit effort to demolish all that the enthusiastic young lady had created. "Let her understand her place in life. Her kind is unnecessary around us." Agnes did not realize who was pulling the strings to bring her down as she was fighting an invisible enemy that was destroying her business. She had no idea that the very family she had accidentally met paths with was home to a silent enemy who was out to destroy her. Agnes and Lynette, Sunny's sister, happened to cross paths at a nearby market by accident. Misunderstandings resulted in a heated discussion, which paved the way for a negative conclusion. "Dekho tum kahaan ja rahe ho(Watch where you're going!)" Agnes is perplexed. "Maaf kare? Tum mere paar daude(Excuse me? You ran across me!)" Feeling betrayed and angry, Lynette told the family only her version of what happened, leaving out important elements that would have made things more clear. "Agnes sachamuch asabhy thi! Usane hamaare parivaar ka apamaan kiya aur jaanaboojhakar mujhase takarai(Agnes was really rude! She insulted our family and deliberately ran into me.)" Ammachi was dejected about who to believe. "Main vishvaas nahi kar sakata ki Agnes aisa karegi. Aaie ghatanao ke baare mein usaka sanskaran sune(I can't believe Agnes would do that. Let's hear her version of events.)" Manorama took advantage of the moment to further sow division within the family, driven by her hatred for Agnes. She spun a web of lies to damage Agnes's reputation by manipulating the story to further her objectives. "Agnes Sunny aur Tara ki sagai ko nasht karane ki koshish kar rahi hai. Usake man mein usake prati junoon hai(Agnes is trying to destroy Sunny and Tara's engagement. She has an obsession for him!)"