Shattered

The weight of the recent revelations echoed through the car on the drive back home, creating an unsettling calm. Every family member reflected the turbulent events of the retreat, engrossed in their own thoughts.

Rajesh arrived home and, his face serious, announced a family meeting. There was a heavy feeling of unresolved emotions in the room.

Rajesh (addressing the family): Sachchai ka saamna karna hoga aur humein apni karravai ka raasta chunana hoga. Mujhe apane baare mein batao, Dev(The truth must be faced, and we must choose our course of action. Tell me about yourself, Dev.)

The family was waiting for an explanation as they tried to process the shock of Dev's actions.

Dev (hesitant): Maine vichar kiya... mujhe laga ki Anna ke saath apana rishta todana sahi nirnay tha. Yahaan har kisi ke liye(I considered... I felt that parting my relationship with Anna was the right decision. For everyone here.)

Rajesh (disappointed): Dev,aapane aisa chunaav kiya jo aapake saath-saath hum sabhi ko prabhavit karata hai. Choonki hum ek parivaar hain, isalie nirnayon ko ek team ke roop mein manna jaana chaahiye(you made a choice that impacts all of us along with yourself. Since we are a family, decisions should be considered as a team.)

Masoom (angry): Aapane hamase margadarshan maange bina talaak ke dastaavezon par hastaakshar kar die? Anna, usake baare mein kya? Kya aapane is par usaki pratikriya par vichar kiya hai(You signed divorce documents without seeking our guidance? Anna, what about her? Have you considered her reaction to this?)

 Dev (regretful): Maine gadbad kar di. Mujhe yah ab pata hai(I messed up. I know that now)

Tension filled the room as Rajesh inhaled deeply before continuing.

Rajesh (firmly): Ab se, Anna meri beti aur beta hai. Vah is parivaar ka hissa hai aur hum aapako usaka dil todne nahi denge(From now on, Anna is my beti and beta. She's a part of this family, and we won't let you break her heart.)

Sitting silently, Anna turned to face Rajesh and thanked him for his help.

Rajesh (declaring): Tum hamari bahu se bhi badhkar ho, Anna. Aap dono hamaare bete aur beti hain. Hamalog aapke saath hain(you're more than just our daughter-in-law, Anna. You are both our son and daughter. We are with you.)

Anna nodded, her eyes welling with tears as she took in Rajesh's remark.

 Dev (defiantly): Main ab bhi aap ka beta hoon, Dad(I'm still your son too, Dad)

Rajesh (resolute): Dev, tumane apane krtyon se is parivaar ka anaadar kiya hai. Yadi aap Anna ko apane parivaar mein sveekaar karane mein asamarth hain to shaayad aapake liye parivaar mein apani bhoomika par punarvichar karane ka samay aa gaya hai(By your actions, Dev, you showed disrespect to this family. Maybe it's time for you to reconsider your role in the family if you are unable to accept Anna as your own.)

The family was shocked by the declaration, which lingered heavy in the air. The impact of Rajesh's comments was profound, creating a sharp rift that threatened to change the dynamics of the once united family.

Rajesh (resolute): Dev is kshan se mera beta nahi rahega. Parivaar ke mool moolyon ke saath vishwasghaat ek aisi cheez hai jise main sweekar nahi kar sakata(will no longer be my son from this moment. Betraying the core values of a family is something I cannot accept.)

)