Kismet Part 2

Pairing: Josh x Reader, Jake x Reader

Word Count: 18.7k

Warnings: Cursing, Alcohol Consumption, Fluff. Angst: Arguing, Degradation, Excessive Drinking, Manipulation Themes. Smut: Kissing, Groping and Heavy Petting, Teasing, Fingering F!Receiving, Protected Penetrative Sex, Oral M!Receiving.

HER POV

"Well, are you ready?" you ask, turning to look at Jake's slightly shocked face. You hadn't told him about Bloo, not because you didn't want to, but because it just never came up. You hoped to find the hound in good spirits and ready to greet your guest, but your gut was telling you he may be hiding as another roll of thunder sounded through the air.

"Yeah, uh...let's go!" He says, jumping out of the car and following you to the safety of your covered front porch. You twist the key in the lock and mentally kick yourself for not cleaning up a little before you left, although it never once occurred to you that you'd be bringing anyone home.

As you step inside you are met with silence in lieu of the normal barking and excited tail wagging. "Bloo..." you call out in a sing-song voice. Typically this would have him come running but you knew you were going to have to put in a little extra effort tonight.

"How did you not mention you had a dog?" Jake questions with a slight grin, setting the box of leftovers on your counter as he looks around for any sign of a dog.

You shrug, and motion for him to follow you, as he kicks off his wet shoes by the front door. He walks cautiously through your home, taking in the surroundings as he peeks over your shoulder for his first sight of Bloo, but sadly he's nowhere to be seen.

You find him under your bed, slightly shaking, as you squat down to lure him out. "Come out buddy, it's okay. I have a surprise for you...Someone came to say hi..."

You see his nose poke out from under the bedskirt, his nostrils flaring as he sniffs the unfamiliar scent of Jake. You look back to see Jake leaning in your doorway with his hands in his pockets as he watches you with a smirk. Jake is patient as you try to coax Bloo out, when you know all he really wants is to pick up where the two of you left off.

"So this is why you needed to come home. Poor guy, looks like he's having a rough time." he says, stepping further into the room. He leans against your dresser as he watches Bloo's nose slide back under the ruffle of the bed skirt.

"He'll come out in a minute now that he knows I'm home. He hates to be alone, especially during thunderstorms. I was also out late last night and he was a little grumpy about that already." you say with the roll of your eyes, standing up and walking over towards the doorway, brushing past Jake with a soft hand to his stomach.

"I know it's late and we've already had every drink under the sun but, do you want a glass of wine?" you ask, pulling two glasses from your cabinet. You locate your wine bottle opener and grab the neck of the bottle as you place it in front of you.

"If it's the same red I saw in your cart today, sure. Looked interesting." he nods, joining you in the kitchen as he places the leftover pizza in your fridge. "Your house is nice. Can't believe we're practically neighbors. Small world it seems."

"Should have known running into you at the grocery store..." you smiled, popping the cork from the bottle with ease.

You pour two glasses, sliding one to Jake, and tapping your glass to his as you both sip the dark red liquid. A few minutes later you hear the slow clicking of Bloo's nails on the hardwood floors, indicating that he has gathered the courage to emerge from under the bed. You see Jake's face light up as he sees him, squatting down and offering a hand for Bloo to sniff. He looks at you in question, and you nod watching the interaction with folded arms from the otherside of the kitchen counter.