Kismet Part 4

Pairing: Josh x Reader, Jake x Reader

Word Count: 20.5k

Warnings: Cursing, Alcohol Consumption, Fluff. Angst: Verbal Sparring, Light Degradation, Lying, Arguing, Jealousy, Guilt, Heartbreak, Manipulation Themes. Smut: Kissing, Teasing, Fingering F!Receiving, Oral F!Receiving, Oral M!Receiving, Unprotected Penetrative Sex, Rough Sex, Voyeurism.

HER POV

Sunday morning comes and you wake up to an empty bed. It seems Jake woke up for his run and took your spoiled four legged child with him. You don't feel or hear them leave, which you're grateful for when you finally rise and start your day. Knowing you have a good chunk of work ahead of you, the extra sleep was more than necessary. Walking out into the kitchen to make some coffee, you see Jake's white Vans covered in dirt and grass stains sitting at the door. He left in his running shoes and these stayed behind. They're beaten to hell and you find it kind of endearing.

It's not long before you hear the front door open and Bloo trots inside, completely ignoring you in pursuit of his water bowl. You give him an incredulous look, then you give the same one to Jake.

"It's like I don't even exist." You joke, putting your mug down. Jake closes the door softly behind him, chuckling. He hangs up the leash on the hook, then turns to you. His face is glistening with sweat yet again. You see some of it drip down his neck and disappear under the neckline of his t-shirt. Your eyes flick back up to his and you're caught.

"As much as I'd love to stay and do it all again," he starts, calling you and your wandering eyes out. "I have somewhere to be in an hour, and I'd prefer not to show up shimmering and smelling like that pink soap of yours." He leans forward over the coffee cup you're white-knuckling close to your chest, and he places a gentle kiss on your lips.

You huff out a laugh, shaking your head while he pulls his shirt up to wipe the sweat off of his throat and neck.

"It's okay. I should get rolling and head to campus anyway. I'm gonna try and get a good chunk of this assignment done today." You take a sip of your coffee and lean back on the counter, still shamelessly letting your eyes rake over him. Bloo finishes drinking and walks over to Jake again, sniffing at his pockets. Without hesitation, Jake pulls a little treat from his pocket, offering it to Bloo without even looking away from you.

"Is that your way of telling me to leave you alone today?" He asks, a smirk on his lips as he hovers near the door. You smile and shake your head at him, pushing up from where you stand to say goodbye.

"You can bother me as much as you want. I just can't promise I'll be very responsive." You tilt your chin up at him, silently asking for one more kiss before he goes.

"Mmm I guess you can have a pass. You were very responsive yesterday..." He mumbles against your lips, his tone suggestive.

"Alright, alright." You say, laughing and gently turning him by the shoulders and towards the door. "Get out of here, you sweaty jezebel."

That earns a hearty laugh from him as he reaches for the doorknob and goes to take his leave.

"Bye, baby."

"Bye, Jake." You can't help the blood that rushes to your cheeks at the pet name he's gotten very comfortable using as of late. He gives you a charming smile before slipping out the door.

The weather outside is absolutely beautiful by the time you finally get yourself together and leave your house. The drive to campus is easier on a Sunday afternoon than a weekday, which means you take the highway and drive the entire way with your windows down.