Kismet Part 6

Pairing: Josh x Reader, Jake x Reader

Word Count: 18.6k

Warnings: Cursing, Alcohol Consumption, Drug Use, Fluff. Angst: Verbal Sparring, Light Degradation, Lying, Arguing, Jealousy, Guilt, Heartbreak, Manipulation Themes. Smut: Kissing, Teasing, Fingering F!Receiving, Oral F!Receiving, Oral M!Receiving, Unprotected Penetrative Sex, Rough Sex, Voyeurism, Public Sex.

NOVEMBER

JAKE POV

You sent the message to her knowing there was a chance she wouldn't respond. You didn't exactly deserve a response after how you treated her that night. It had been practically silent between the two of you for weeks now, just a few pictures here and there. She still invaded your every thought, your every dream, and you'd ruined any chance of it ever being more than that with your petulant jealousy. Nearly thirty minutes had passed since you sent the text, and with no response, you knew you needed to face the reality that she may never text back again.

Though to your surprise, your phone buzzed on the nightstand as you laid in your childhood bed, sulking in your misery, the TV droning on in the background of some movie you couldn't name. Your stomach lurched into your chest as you heard it, immediately snatching it from the charger.

Y/N

1:08am: Are you still awake?

You

1:09am: I am... Late night?

Y/N

1:10am: Yeah, packing to go home for the break. Sorry it took me so long to respond.

You

1:11am: That's okay. I just want to talk, Y/N. I miss you. I'm really sorry. I know I was out of line.

You see the text bubble pop up, blinking for a few seconds before watching it disappear. Your heart plummets wondering if she's going to reply, and as you start to type another message your phone vibrates in your hands. A smile crosses your face as you see her contact photo filling your screen. Her and Bloo with their faces pushed together on her couch, your favorite smile in the world. You hit the green button and clear your throat. "Hello?"

"Hey." she answers, her voice sweet and quiet.

"Hey baby..." you breathe, feeling your body relax from just the sound of her voice.

"I know it's late, I just... don't want to have this conversation over text."

"Oh, no, it's fine. I'm just laying in bed trying to tell myself I'm tired." you laugh.

"You in Michigan?" she asks, a little louder than a whisper.

"Yeah, for a few days. We're all here...What about you, you said you're going home for break?" you ask, genuinely curious of her plans.

"Yeah, I leave in the morning with Bloo to drive to my mom's. Gonna stay with her for a few days before I come back for finals." she answers.

"How's Bloo? Does he miss me?" you ask, letting a small laugh leave your lips.

"Mmm...I think he does. He's starting to mope around less though, so I think that's a good sign."

"He's forgotten about me." you sigh.