The demons

In the restaurant, the girls picked to sit next to each other whereas the boys sat facing them. Preeti was thoroughly disappointed to sit facing Arjun. Obviously. Arjun just wiggled his eyebrows mischievously.

'Hello, Sali ji!" Arjun greets, Preeti forces a smile and curls her lips in disappointment as she stole a glance at Keshav who doesn't want to make it obvious to anyone that he can pretty much understand Preeti's loud feelings. He had a hint of a smile lingering on his lips as he was busy talking to Sakshi and Karan. 

Karan on the other hand was feeling a distant psychic connection between Arjun and Keshav. He could see that both of them have been stealing glances at each other in a manner that only they can understand. Karan wanted to understand everything. He wanted to know if Arjun was alright.

After the threats given to Arjun and Sakshi by some strange underworld species, Karan has been worried about their safety lately. He didn't know why, but Arjun's protection was his priority now too. So if he had to press Arjun to disclose every little secret that is bothering him he had to do it. He wanted to pay attention to what the matter was but couldn't concentrate as he felt a foot kicking on his foot. He ignored it somehow until he felt the kick twice more.

Archana was leaving no chance to bug the crap out of her boyfriend; as she is bored. And Karan is a very unromantic boyfriend, she felt. She kept hitting his legs beneath the table. He clicks his tongue in frustration before hitting back but misses miserably since she is fairly good at dodging.

Keshav musingly asks Sakshi, "Yeh Archana or Karan couple hai ya bhai behen?"

"Frenemies!" Archana answered as she glared at Karan who missed hitting Archana under the table and bonked his foot into the foot of the table. He was wimping in silence.

'Madhav?' Arjun calls for Keshav in his mind. Keshav looked over at Arjun as he fed Arushi a piece of cucumber.

Arjun nods back.

'Parth?' Keshav spoke in his mind, tapping a finger on the side of Arushi's chin and making her giggle.

Arjun spoke in his mind, 'Vrata, yeh janke mujhe behad santushti mili ke ap se punah darshan ki prapti hui...parantu ap yaha?'

'Tanik pratiksha karo,  mere Anagha (Sinless one). Tumhare prashn ka uttar or Kalyug ane ka kaaran bhi tumhe prakash ho jaiga!' Keshav answers Arjun's thought; he simultaneously helps fill a glass of water and sips it before passing it to Preeti. Preeti takes the glass; her fingers casually brush his making her heart flutter.

Arjun was confused. His Godfather's word rings in his head. 

'Kalipurush se yudh'

Keshav nods slightly as he rests his chin on his hand; his gaze leaving no chance to tease Preeti. Preeti tucked her hair out of her ears as she blushed.

"So, kya order kare?" Arjun asks, taking a deep breath.

"Chinese!" Archana announces, Arjun winces at the thought of noodles.

"Chole bhature!" Karan gave his choice.

"Seriously?" Archana made a face. Karan rolls his eyes.

"How are they even a couple?" Sakshi asks Preeti. But Preeti wasn't even paying attention. Her eyes were glued to Keshav.

Sakshi stifled a chuckle, before leaning over and whispering, "Kya khana hai, Preeti?"

Preeti dreamily murmurs, "Keshav!" before clasping her mouth with her hands with a gasp. Sakshi was shocked.

Amused, Keshav hides his grin with his hand.

Preeti mumbles to Sakshi, "Washroom chal mere saath! Nehi to main sach me pagal ho jaungi! I need a break!"