PROLOGUE

THIS IS JUST A SAMPLE WITH 20+ CHAPTERS, the book is not fully uploaded here.

On that note, as many have complained about this before... Let me say few words first. Some might be offensive for those who can find themselves inside.

I can't stop you from writing nasty comments. But I don't read them, so don't feel surprised when I ignore you. Hell — I don't even listen to my sister when she complains right next to me, so why would I listen to a stranger telling me to die or whatnot?

This book isn't perfect, period. If you don't like it, then don't - I've also many books I dislike, so I get you.

But I ain't as rude as you to actually go and bully authors because of it - and never will I actually do such a childish thing. Just because I dislike something or am not satisfied with it (and God knows how many books I've been unhappy with, especially endings or never getting to read them because they've never been published) doesn't mean I'll scorn someone just because it's not up to my taste.

Ok, end of complaints:

This is, so to say, the first book I ever wrote and finished here on wattpad. I found about wattpad around few years ago and I don't regret a single step I've made ever since. I do not come from wealthy family and one time, my mom was diagnosed with cancer (she's alright, don't worry). At those moments, I was afraid and began to think of how to deal with it.

Somehow, with that as my setting stone, inspiration for this book has been created.

I started writing it few years ago in 2014th, I think. It was quite a mess back then, I was by no means a writer — forget about being experienced one at that matter. My first chapters had only around 1000 words haha. I still remembered comments, votes and messages I got from my readers, how shady and full of typos my first draft was and how close I was to giving up. This book has been edited around 10 times since then and it finally became what it is at the moment. And even now, as it gets more and more readers I get feedback from, I'm happy. Happy that there are people out there reading my stuff.

So thank you from choosing this book as your next one to read. And for embarking on this journey with Kaley, protagonist of this book.

Enjoy the story.

Sincerely,
Ayla D. Viktoreva

______________________________

I hated winter, or no. It was the snow that I hated.

Considering how I've been living in Seattle my entire life, the snow was something I rarely ever saw, maybe only six times in my entire existence. I used to love watching snowflakes fall to the ground and form an endless layer of white on our city. I loved it . . . until two years ago.

It is laughable how everything you ever knew and had could be gone in the next second. I still remember that night like it was yesterday. The arguments between me and my parents, my little brother crying, my father turning around, and the crash.

I was driving with my parents and four-year-old brother, going out for a family dinner I didn't want to go to. I couldn't keep quiet. Being a rebellious teenager, I just had to protest. Even now I wonder if I had done something differently—if only I had kept quiet or something—would they have survived? Would Mom and Dad have survived?