Chapter 8 - Bloody truth

May 27

Dae woke up really early, she couldn't sleep well since it was the day of the duel. It was really warm in her cell, she could already smell summer.

Yunho is probably enjoying the weather today since he likes when sun shines firmly.

"Good morning, breakfast" policeman said quickly and rushed to other cells

Some garbage, bitter coffee in a bottle and next to it a dry roll with a stick of butter on it. She ate all of it first time since she was in prison, she tried to take a nap until dinner like always, but this time she just couldn't.

At the same time, the dueling ground was being prepared. Hundreds of people had been waiting outside it since the morning. Whole building looked like a coliseum, but instead of round, the columns were rectangular.

-

"Dae it's time" Yeosang said to Dae who zoomed out "Dae you're here?" he said and this words made her come to reality

"Now? I thought it'll happen after the dinner tho" she said like if she was sleepy

"Let's go" Yeosang said softly

He opened her cell and led her through the prison by himself, without any other guards. The Colosseum was located directly next to the prison. Yeosang didn't show any of the policemen his badge as they usually did, probably because everyone knew perfectly well who he was.

They entered through a side door secured on both sides by policemen. The officer led her to the preparation room, it had a direct door to the arena. There was no one inside, just them. The doors to the arena were gigantic, approximately 5 meters high. In the room, there were bandages, armor, swords, knives, and even guns. Walls were made of stone, similar to those in the prison but lighter. In the room, apart from the fighting equipment, there were several chairs and a bed, as well as a punching bag for the fighters to warm up before fighting.

"You need to get ready, put on clothes, they are on the chair" he pointed to the chair with his hand "And um, ... never mind I'll talk to you when you change, I'll be back in ten minutes so be ready" Yeosang said in tone she never heard him talk, cold one

I guess that's how he talks to his coworkers

Yeosang left, she went to the chair and started changing, the clothes he gave her looked new. She wore a tight-fitting black T-shirt and something like a vest but made of stripes. Her pants were wide black and had many pockets on the sides.

She sat down and waited for Yeosang to come back. The chair was old, Dae noticed a lot of dust on the floor, it looked like no one had cleaned it, but the armor gleamed as if it had been polished yesterday.

The girl couldn't hide stress, her knee was bouncing slowly, her hands sweated so she wiped them. She felt like it's getting harder to think, she tried but couldn't remember anything from training.

She stood up only to punch the punching bag once helplessly. She watched the bag swing while standing like a pillar of salt.

Yunho...it's now or never. Please... I'm asking you one last time... When I get out of this, I will... I will pay you back, I will always help you, no matter what happens. I'll be by your side but I'm begging you... come and save me today...