Chapter 5 - International lie

May 19

I was here, or I will be. Huge sandstorm, her teeth fell off. What is happening? A huge tree? Who are you? Person in the shadows

Dae woke up. She had a strange nightmare. Only thing she knew is that when teeth are falling, somebody will die in near future. She decided to take a nap since she woke up tired.

She tried really hard to sleep but overthinking made her eyes open for an hour. Her back, her head, her eyes, it all hurt.

The rising sun shot its rays at the glass, which pierced them and delivered them to the corner of the room.

Dae reluctantly got up and did her morning routine. That day she decided to do a dinner for Yunho. They haven't got many ingredients here. So she tried to do her best with what she can.

She made an easy cream soup of potato and leek. She also cut the bread into slices. and added some parsley as a decoration.

The time passed quickly while preparing the dish. Yunho came back faster than usual. Thanks to this, they could go to Jongho immediately.

"Should we go?" Yunho asked not even taking his shoes off when walking in

"Wait, why don't we eat?" Dae showed him dish she made which suprises him

"Woah, since when you're cooking?" Yunho was truly happy about that she started begin more comfortable

"Well it wasn't that much, so I wouldn't count this as cooking. But I just wanted to eat something nice with you" She said and placed two plates with soup and bread slices on small coffee table in front of sofa.

"It feels nice" Yunho diped his spoon in soup and placed food in his mouth

"What?" she did the same and bit slice of bread

"That somebody cares bout you..." he said and smiled while looking at the plate "and cooks for you" he giggled and took another dip

"You're my friend so It's normal that I care about you" she said while looking at him and he did the same

Can I call him my friend? I mean it obviously clear that we are close but as close as friend? Or maybe we are just colleagues

"Thank you for saying that" he said softly while looking at her. In that second, Dae's heart felt warm. Such simple words calmed her down. She felt a connection with Yunho, felt it as if she had never known what it was before.

"Anything for you, you helped me so much so I'm here for you Yunho" she said and turned to dish to finish it

Yunho looked at her for a while. He was grateful that she showed him tenderness. He had forgotten a long ago what it was like to not be alone, the thought of Dae being with him now and always made him smile at her. After a while, however, he woke up from daydreaming and lost his smile, continued eating.

-

They finished eating and headed to Jongho office. They chose the really crowded path.

They squeezed through the crowd of people. The sun was shining brightly that day, blinding Dae. With her hands she covered the rays of light that entered her eyes. She lost her companion. She walked forward, constantly standing on her tiptoes to see her tall friend. She said his name under her breath, then louder and louder, but the noise of the whole city disturbed her voice.