Chapter 14 - A tiny motion

June 2

"Miss? Miss? Dae. DAE!" Alice shouted to wake Dae up "It's noon, you should get up, I know it was loud yesterday, but it's already a new day"

Dae opened her eyes carefully, sun was blinding her, and her face felt warm. First thing she saw was her favorite nurse, Alice. She was standing there with a plate with dinner on it, her curly brown hair were tied up in a ponytail.

"Sorry, I'm awake" Dae said and sat rubbing her eyes

"Good, today you have ramen for dinner, enjoy" Alice said and placed plate on bed "I'll come later for the gossip" she winked and left

Last night, Dae haven't drank anything, she was partying with San all night, she remembered dancing with him most of the time. Sam introduced her to many famous people whose titles she forgot after greeting. All night San danced only with Dae, he refused other women, just like he refused alcohol, and then he explained to Dae that he had a weak head.

Mingi, on the other hand, had the most fun being on stage, he only danced once with Dae. Although when he left the stage he was immediately surrounded by women and men. He sang all night long and his deep voice impressed Dae. Even though the girl talked to him and knew his voice, after hearing him sing she realized that he had a great talent.

Seonghwa and Letina got along pretty well. San and Dae talked about them, they knew that Seonghwa was a bit uncomfortable, but he was fine talking to the princess. The king, who appeared at the very end, even managed to approach the two and have a word with his son. This didn't happen often.

What a good ramen, Yunho would love it

-

"Knock knock" Yeosang said walking in

"Yeosang!" Dae said placing her finished ramen on night stand "Why weren't you on a bal yesterday?"

"I couldn't go" he sat on the bed "When people are partying, police is standing on guard" he chuckled awkwardly

"But you should be special guest as general officer, master, head of the military, justice prince" she listed his titles "What were you doing then?"

"My predecessor was highly appreciated, but many things he did did not come to light. I need to organize them now, and it will take me a while. Unfortunately, I cannot tell you the details because it is a professional secret" the expression on Yeosang's face showed how deep this matter was "I told Officer Lee to find information about you"

"Ayo! Really? Thank you so much!" Dae almost jumped out of the bed but Yeosang stopped her

"There's no need to thank me, he said he would deal with it immediately, so he probably searches now" his voice was gentle and sullen in some way

"How can I not be thankful for having a friend like you?" she smiled at him which made him flustered "Do you think he can find my family? Obviously if I have one" she rolled her eyes

"Yeah, don't worry about that, I'm sure he will find something" he said "Now I'm coming back to work, bye bye"

-

Dae left her room to go to Alice, and together they went ahead. Until finally, they decided to stay in the room with Prince Seonghwa's family paintings, painted by his closest family members and himself. They were all large, in gilded frames, with titles and signatures at the bottom