[11] Where are you?

The number you are trying to call is unreachable. Please try again.

His heart sank hearing the same words over and over again. Fingers trembling, Osano punched in the numbers once more, exhaling a shaky breath.

Hours had passed, and there wasn't a minute where he hadn't tried dialling the number. As promised, Ayato had sent him a message right before leaving, and Osano was relieved to see him holding up to their promise.

At first, he felt excited at the idea of being reunited with his pet. But as the night moved into the early morning, Osano found himself worrying at the absence of a response.

Texts went unanswered. Calls remained unreturned. Osano wasn't sure if he was being annoying by blowing up his phone, but he decided he'd deal with that once he got to hear his voice. And as time went by without hearing anything, Osano's mind began racing.

Surely nothing's wrong, right?

Osano shook the thought off, reminding himself to keep calm. He remembered that day. The day Ayato comforted him and offered to help him, he promised him that he would come back. Looking into those dark and controlled eyes, Osano found himself calming down and believing every word. For some reason, he fully trusted Ayato to handle the situation in his stead after the boy kept insisting on leaving it to him.

And now, as he waited for him to come back, Osano felt his resolve weakening. He couldn't help but wonder if the stalker had gotten the upper hand. Maybe something bad had happened after all. It shouldn't have taken this long to retrieve a pet. Why hadn't Ayato returned?

As Osano bit his lip, unknowingly drawing blood, he punched in the numbers again. His emotional state couldn't handle this uncertainty, not knowing where Ayato was or what was currently going down. If only Ayato had sent him a text or left him a voicemail, then Osano could go to sleep knowing he was safe.

Now, he couldn't be certain of anything.

"Five more minutes," he promised himself, pacing the room. If there were no response, he'd go find Ayato. His body shivered at the thought of visiting that house, but he couldn't sit and do nothing. He couldn't bear the thought of something happening to Ayato.

Osano recalled the address from the text. As he had mentioned to Ayato beforehand, the neighbourhood was located in a quiet part of town. There was barely anything to do there. The only places people would visit were the stores and the local garbage area.

Suddenly struck by a realization, Osano hesitated. A garbage area in that part of town didn't sit well with him.

When the clock hit the five-minute mark, Osano wasted no time. Grabbing his coat and umbrella, he hurried out, mentally repeating the address.

Impatience got the better of him, causing Osano to run towards the location. As he approached the house, he paused to catch his breath, leaning against his knees. His heart pounded in his ears, reminding him to get more in shape after exhausting himself. After this, he might consider doing more cardio these days.

Once he calmed down, Osano straightened himself, holding his breath upon noticing the house. His knees trembled, unsure if was from the long run he made or the idea of meeting his stalker. 

"You've got this," he whispered to himself, shaking his head. He owed it to Ayato for all the trouble he had gone through. It was time to confront his fears.

Step by step, heart beating anxiously and skin scrawling, Osano walked towards the house. He kept picking at his coat, grabbing onto anything to help himself maintain his composure. He got this. He wasn't going to back down this time.