[26] Sherlock and Watson? Osano and Taro...

"Case one: the suspicious medicine. It seemed Sherlock and Watson had stumbled upon a peculiar substance, a drug if you will..."

"What are you-"

"The scoundrel who left it, a cruel man with no regard for others, had fled the scene, his whereabouts unknown..."

"Osano, could you please explain what-"

"And now! With numerous questions left unanswered, Sherlock and his trusted but somewhat less important partner, Watson, are forced to investigate this curious mystery..."

"...Am I Watson?"

"The chapter begins, a mystery unravels, and setting off on this journey are..." Placing the hat on his head, Osano loudly proclaimed, "Osano! Starring as Sherlock, and..."

He shoved the other hat on Taro, along with a notebook and pen. "Taro! Playing the role of...Watsy."

"Watson!" Taro groaned, pushing his hat up to look at Osano. "What's gotten into you?! Are you going to brief me on this?"

"Why?" Osano raised an eyebrow and regarded him with a weird expression.

"What do you mean why?! I just walked in, and the first thing you do is shove a hat on my face and start a monologue with yourself." Taro sighed, rubbing his face. "Can you at least tell me what brought this on?"

A brief silence fell as they looked at each other, their hats perched proudly atop their heads.

Osano cleared his throat, realizing how bizarre this situation must have seemed to Taro.

"Well," he began, uncertain of how to explain. After all, he couldn't just start by saying he almost got a crowbar to the face and was trying to piece together what had happened yesterday. It wasn't a memory he was fond of remembering, either.

Noticing Taro's expectant look, Osano tried to think of something, his mind grasping at strings to form an explanation. "Amao wanted me to research this."

"Amao?" Taro raised his eyebrow in surprise and confusion, left wondering what he wanted to know. "Why doesn't he search about it himself?"

"Because," Osano proudly continued. "He had such an important question about this medicine that he allowed me to take over. With the cooking club and everything, he doesn't have that much time." Osano pointed to himself, grinning widely. "Besides! I have always had an interest in studying the medical field. Perhaps this might convince me."

The whole display seemed odd to Taro, and he was left sighing at the sight.

"You're such a bad liar." His words caused Osano to tense up, and his face briefly fell. Then, Taro calmly continued, "Fine, I'll humour you for a bit. Just...don't take too long, alright?"

"Alright, alright." Osano nodded, easily giving in. He was already glad his friend was helping him.

As Osano pulled the small medicine bottle from his pocket, he examined the letters on the label, his eyes squinting in confusion. Taro peered next to him, wondering what the content read.

"Where do we begin?" He curiously asked, intrigued by the sight of the medicine.

Osano thought for a moment before deciding on their first course of action. "The nurse's office."

"The nurse's office?" Taro sounded confused, and Osano nodded. "It seemed like the most logical choice. The nurse would definitely be the first to know what kind of medicine this is."

"Okay, let's go there first, then." 

With hearts full of determination and minds eager to gain knowledge, they made their way to the nurse's office. Osano led the way, reaching out to grab the door when he read the sign plastered in front.