-Chapter Six-

Bonjour.

|°|°|°|

Scott woke up a few minutes after Stiles had drank his water. He came into the kitchen, groggily.

"Hello sleeping beauty." Stiles said, Derek smirked to himself.

"So the twins," Scott said. Derek leaned against the counter. "We're suspecting they have something to do with the Alpha pack."

"Why?" Stiles asked curiously. Scott didn't say anything for a minute.

"So you don't know why. Great. I'd already know why if I were you." Derek said narcissistically.

"It has something to do with them." Scott argued. "And Erica and Boyd?"

"No, no news." Stiles said for Derek.

"Have you tried-"

"Yes. I've tried scent tracking." Derek cut him off. Scott nodded as he scratched the back of his neck.

"Maybe we should try get information from the twins."

"It's not going to work." Derek said stubbornly.

|°|°|°|

-Stiles-

Derek's words replayed in my head. "It's not going to work." Maybe he's right, I thought.

"Scott do you really think this is going to work?" I asked, he stopped and turned to me.

"It'll prove if they're wolves."

"Which does what?" I didn't particularly approve of it all, what if they can't control themselves? Then dead Stiles.

"We can use that to our advantage. Danny and Ethan and then Aiden, with Lydia. We talk to Lydia, probe for information, do the same with Danny." I nodded although I still disagreed. I didn't think it'd work. Scott rushed ahead of me, down a corridor and into the lunch room. We headed to Danny, we sat either side of him, surrounding him.

"Hey Danny. How ya doin'?" I asked him. I asked him like I asked Jared once. He paused from eating some exotic fruit.

"Alright, what do you want?" I looked at Scott, his turn. "Ethan, he's your boyfriend right?" I asked bluntly since Scott wasn't speaking. He tried to stop himself smiling but couldn't.

"Uh, I guess so."

"Where is he?"

"With Aiden, he went to get something from Aiden's locker-" I yanked Scott up by his denim jacket sleeve and we left the lunch hall. We knew exactly where Aiden's locker was, since Lydia had been near it with Aiden a lot.

We got to Aiden's locker, there was no sign of either of the twins. I circled around myself, confused. Scott did the same, until we ended up facing Aiden's locker once again. My head spun to Scott as I watched his face slam into the locker.

"Where is he?" They hissed. The twins, Aiden was pushing Scott's face into the locker and Ethan, holding me loosely by the back of the neck.

"Who?!" Scott replied back, strained. Aiden's grip got tighter around Scott's neck.

"Derek." I looked at Scott, my eyes pleaded him. They couldn't find out. They'd kill him.

"I don't know." Ethan dug his fingertips into my neck, I was petrified that he'd claw me. "I'm not part of his pack."

"But you know where we can find him." Ethan said viciously. My eyes met Scott's, he was sorrowful. I cut him off.

"He's left town." I spoke out. Aiden turned to me, surprised.

"Is it true?" Ethan asked Scott. Scott nodded, I sighed.

"Can you let us go now?" I asked annoyed. Ethan's grip loosened in me, and they both finally let go. I took in a long and deep breath. We both watched them as they asked off.

"Why did you do that? You're dead when they find out he's still here!" Scott panicked. I slapped his back.

"Sometimes you have to lie to protect the ones you befriend." I sent a genuine smile his way.

"Derek." He paused, starting at me, wide eyed. "We need to find him." His voice for quieter. "Before they do."

|°|°|°|

The two boys reached the Hale house, Scott went inside first, just to make sure Stiles would be safe to go in too. He gave Stiles the all clear signal, so Stiles came in, following closely by Scott.

"Scott. Stiles." Peter. They both thought. Peter emerged from the shadows of the granddad clock.

"Derek, where's Derek?" Stiles asked. Peter folded his arms across his body. The three of them heard a creek amongst the eerie atmosphere, making their uncomfortableness worse.

"I'm here." Derek said.

"They are coming." Scott breathed out, and none of them had ever seen Derek lose his blank expression to fear.

"What'd you tell them?" Derek remarked angrily as he slammed Scott into the wall.

"Derek! It wasn't him, it was me..." I said quickly. His head cocked around to me, he loosened grip on Scott, until finally releasing him. Scott re-adjusted his shirt and I looked towards my feet. "I told the twins you'd gone out of town..."

"Do you want to die?" He asked me expectantly, I shook my head. He walked over to me, menacingly. "If they find me, you two are dead." He pointed at Scott then looked in my direction. I pulled on the sleeves of my shirts, so they dropped down past my fingertips. I kept looking down, ashamed. "You've given me an excuse to watch over you." He whispered in my direction. I looked up, smiling slightly as my eyes met Derek's. He walked off, his expression slightly happy.

|°|°|°|

-Derek-

I had been watching over Stiles the whole week, all I had to fend off was the odd moth which was attracted to the porch light. Usually I'd end up falling asleep on Stiles' windowsill. But one day it was different. I could sense it.

"Derek, please come in. And I'll have to push you off that windowsill if you don't get rid of that face." Stiles said to me.

"What face?" I said bored.

"That! Right there, a grumpy face." I shrugged his comment off, until he pulled me unexpectedly by the arm into his room. I growled at the bottom of my throat, scaring Stiles off slightly.

"Something's different, Stiles."

"What?"

"If I knew, I'd tell you." I remarked. Stiles smirked.

"Never mind, you suit that face." I rolled my eyes, he stepped closer to me. He poked my cheek, I made my expression drop. He reaches out to do it again but I catch his hand. "Stop," He smirked at me, causing me to roll my eyes again. He reached out with his opposite hand and I caught it again. "I did tell you to stop."

"I know." He pushed himself closer to me, until our lips touched. I kept hold of his wrists, and kissed him back. I didn't know what it was about Stiles but I always wanted to be near him. To protect him. To just be with him.