-Chapter Eleven-

-Derek-

I had to explain to the pack that I wasn't dead and that I was too weak to move for a while. And when I did, Ennis was gone. They all feared that he was still alive, I told them it was unlikely because I clawed him through the chest on the way down.

"What if he is still out there?" Stiles asked us all.

"Stiles, he's not." I said, annoyed that he didn't trust me.

"But-"

"Stiles." I said, sending him a partial glare. He shut up, his mouth falling into a straight line.

"For now, it doesn't matter. The Alpha pack aren't coming right now. No need to stress." Peter said. I nodded in agreement. I walked off, back into my room giving off a dismissive pheromone. Everyone left but Isaac, Stiles and Peter of course. Stiles followed me into my room. I smiled at him as he came in.

"We're all safe then?" Stiles asked, sitting on my bed, uninvited.

"Yes Stiles, we are." I said blankly, dropping my smile. "You have to learn to trust me more."

"I do trust you, it's just...I don't feel like it's over."

"It's not..." I said under my breath, but he didn't hear me. He shouldn't trust me, I lied. I pushed the framed pictures on the drawers about. I frowned as the picture of my family stared back at me.

"Hey, bundle of joy! Sit." Stiles said demanding me. I sat next to him. I reached for his hand, smiling genuinely. I squished his hand in mine. He let out a deep groan.

"Never call me that again." I smiled again, laughing.

"Alright, Sourwolf." He muttered. I whacked his leg, causing him to groan again. "Your hits are harder than you think, you know." I smirked. "But..." He said dragging the word out. "It makes you look even stronger..." I pushed him back, so his head hit my mattress.

"Right, I'm gonna rip your throat out," I paused, grinning. "With my teeth." Stiles looked up at me, his voice got deeper.

"I think that be more-" I began to kiss his neck. His breathing hitched, I smirked against his skin. "So much for ripping my throat out." Stiles muttered. He gave me an idea. I scraped my teeth across the surface of his skin. My teeth shifted into fangs, so I made the scratching even gentler.

"Derek, are you biti-" I moved up him, to kiss behind his ear. I heard a door in the hallway click, so I stopped. I helped him up with his hand, and smiled. His face flushed red like crazy, and even redder when Peter walked in. He was smirking at me, I sent him a glare back, as Stiles awkwardly avoided eye contact with Peter.

"I'm going to do some running, you coming?" He asked whilst glancing over at Stiles. "Or are you staying with defenceless sarcasm?" Peter smirked at me, I thought for a second.

"I'm staying, tell Isaac to go." Peter sent a long look at Stiles, Stiles continued to ignore him, so he walked out. I stared at Stiles for a long time, he continued to look everywhere but me. Embarrassed.

"Stiles?" I said, annoyed he was in a way, ashamed. I grabbed his chin, bringing his face up to my level. His eyes still avoided mine. "Stiles." I said more sternly. His eyes finally met mine.

"I should go ho-"

"No Stiles. You aren't going anywhere." He nodded slowly and hesitantly. "Why are you embarrassed?"

"I...don't know..." Stiles shrugged, looking into my eyes finally.

"You shouldn't be," I said slowly leaning closer towards him. My lips touched his. "You aren't still-you know-are you?" His eyes seemed to widen slightly in shock. He nodded. "That's why then." I smirk slightly, hoping off the bed. He watched me leave them room, probably so confused. I came back in the room, with a tray of tea. My mum's favourite tea...

"What's-"

"Tea," I said, handing a cup to him. "It's a rare kind of Wild Purple Reishi. Talia gave it to us all when Satomi used to visit."

"Satomi?"

"Talia's friend." He nodded, then drank the tea. He drank it with ease, I knew then he liked it.

"Taste makes up for the smell." He said smiling. I chuckled.

"The smell is...pungent. Like you." I smirked, he hit my arm.

"Pungent. Can it be good then?" I shook my head.

"Definitely not." I grinned, he cheekily swiped a kiss. I kissed him back, placing my hands around his waist. Good thing I hadn't picked up my tea yet. His was still firmly gripped in his hand. And even when he did almost drop it, I caught it mid kiss. I pulled away, he smirked at me.

"Wolfy senses." I grinned, pulling him by the collar back to my lips.

"Just a fast reaction time."

"I wish I had a fast reaction time." He muttered, I heard it though. Now with Wolfy senses. Did he want to be turned?

"Stiles?"

"Yes?" He snuggled himself into my chest, I held his head tightly to my chest.

"Did you think anymore on my offer?" I said quietly, to make myself sound calm. Even though he had probably realised I wasn't calm, he could have probably heard my heart beat thumping ridiculously fast.

"No." He said quickly, as if he had no thought about it. I knew he did though. He always said things implying he wanted to be one of us. Even though he was a contradicting person, he always came up with the remarks about being human. As if he hated it.

"Okay, Stiles." I said quietly, shrugging the coversation off before it became awkward. I kept listening to his heart beat, until it became too steady. He was asleep in my arms. I moved, tucking him into my bed and placing his tea onto the drawers. I drank my own tea then got in bed, next to him. Spooning Stiles was amazing, he felt safe in my arms, so I felt like I was doing well by protecting him.