19

KILLIAN LEFT ME on the roof while Micah hugged me

KILLIAN LEFT ME on the roof while Micah hugged me. It took me half an hour to convince him I was fine.

When I finally got back to the club, Killian was sat on the closest couch to the stage, with a skinny blonde woman on his lap.

She looked nothing like me.

I watched her toned thighs rest on either side of his as she kissed his neck, his hands gripping her ass while he spoke to his friends.

Her blonde, straight hair cascaded down her back; it made me think about that man a few months back that said I'd be hotter as a blonde.

Not that it mattered. Weather my hair was blonde or brunette, Stefan would still be gripping it right now as he violated me.

I couldn't feel it, but I could hear it, and that was almost just as bad. I could see strands of my brown hair scattered across his white sheets, letting me know he'd pulled some out. I could taste the blood in my mouth from when he'd punched me in the face and I could smell his breath as he spit insults at me. And it was as if the removal of one sense hight ends the others.

҉

Waiting outside Stefan's building for Dad seemed like forever. My worn-out body leaned against the cold bricks, barely holding me up.

An hour ago, I blacked out. Stefan's wrath greeted me upon waking, swiftly followed by an eviction. I struggled against the dark tide but couldn't fend it off.

The world's been spinning since then. Awake means faster spinning, more nausea, though my stomach's empty.

My arm itches—I scratch it.

Stefan's paying, and you still can't manage to keep him content. Pathetic.

There it is again.

I'd hoped it was gone for good.

Miss me?

Screaming, crying, throwing things—anything seemed better than this.

Did you believe you could just stop being crazy?

Nah, darling. You're stuck with me.

Dizziness escalates; leaning off this wall might mean collapse. Vision blurs, exhaustion floods me.

Every limb turns heavy; eyelids shut on their own.