Chapter Four

The team had gotten back to the headquarters, it was almost midnight when they finished off the case, Katie Jacobs had been kidnapped by her own aunt, and was thrown into a storage closet, luckily the team had found her before she had die due to her asthma.

"Good work everybody, I don't want anyone here before 9 am" said Hotch going into his office.

Elle, Morgan and Garcia had run almost immediately into the elevators to head home, "Hey what's wrong with blondie?" asked Elle as she noticed she wasn't standing next to Spencer, everyone turned their faces where Spencer was, JJ had go running into the bathroom.

"I'll go get her, bye guys see you tomorrow" said Spencer heading into the direction JJ just had gone to.

"JJ I know you're in there please open the door" Spencer softly knocked on the door.

"Just one minute" JJ said with a cracked voice.

When she opened the door Spencer notice her teary and puffy eyes and a look of sadness on her face, he just gave her a hug and held her on his arms placing a soft kiss on her forehead.

Cases including kids scarred JJ the most; she couldn't imagine how someone would hurt an innocent child. She let out a breath she didn't knew she was holding.

"I just want to go home." Nudging into Spencer's shoulder.

/

Emily was finishing off some paperwork and heading off to the elevator to call it a night, as she got into the elevator, someone screamed "Hold the elevator please!" she could recognize that voice anywhere, it was Hotch.

"Do you stay this late always?" she asked. "I usually camp out in my office" he said joking. 'Who knew he had a sense of humor?' Emily thought to herself and smiled.

Suddenly her phone started beeping, she takes it out to see who the caller was, annoyed she let out a sigh and hangs it up. "Boyfriend?" Hotch asked giving her a look. "Worse, my mother." She replied. "That bad?" he said.

"Ugh, she wants me to go this charity dinner, and she keeps calling to set me with some of her friends sons who also doesn't have a date" she said a little embarrassed.

"Well, I could go with you, only if you want" Hotch said looking at her, "I did worked for your mother so I'm not a stranger to your family"

Emily just stood there trying to take in the moment "But, what about Haley?" Emily asked.

"We- um, we split up, and she's asking for a divorce" Hotch said looking down. "I'm so sorry to hear that Hotch"

As Emily finished the elevator dinged and they both got out and into their cars.

/

The hall was dark and cold, she could only see a small figure sitting on the corner of a room where the hall ended, the more she ran to get to it, the furthest it would go, the hall would get larger and larger, she was running with all of the speed her legs allowed her, she was about to give up but the small figure said "you can do it mommy" it was the voice of a child.

A shiver ran through her spine at the name the child called her 'mommy,' her eyes began to feel tired and heavy, but a loud thud made her eyes pop open, she saw clearly this time, there was a little girl sitting on the corner of the room, she was trembling and it was noticeable that she was scared.

She felt another loud thud and this time the girl started screaming "MOMMY WHERE ARE YOU, PLEASE SAVE ME MOMMY."

"Mommy" was the last thing the little girl said and vanished.

She couldn't move, her body wouldn't move, it was like she as tied up so she started screaming "No please, don't hurt her"

She could hear in the distance someone calling her name "JJ" "JJ wake up"

/

"JJ please wake up" Spencer was trying to awake a screaming JJ. "It's a dream babe open your eyes."

JJ opened her eyes and collapsed on Spencer's lap crying, she just stayed there holding on to him. "Hey hey, it's going to be alright, it was just a nightmare" Spencer said trying to calm down his wife.

After a couple of minutes, JJ had managed to calm herself up. She stood up from the bed and headed into the bathroom.

She washed her faced and looked into the mirror. 'I need to tell him, he deserves to know the truth, I can't hold it back forever' she said to herself wiping away another tear.

When she came back into the bedroom, Spencer was handing her a cup of freshly brewed tea, "I um, think it will help you calm a little" he said.

"Thank you Spence, you're the best" she said placing a soft kiss on his lips.

"You know I've been thinking what our costumes for Garcia's party should be" JJ said trying lighten the mood and not to have to talk about what her nightmare was to Spencer.

"I'm all ears" said Spencer cuddling closer to JJ.

"We should go as the Dr. and Rose" JJ saw how Spencer's eyes lit up, she wasn't a big fan of it but she knew it was his favorite show and also Halloween was his favorite celebration and they really made the best couple costumes, at least that's what Garcia says.
/
A/N:
Sorry to take so long to update I was on vacations and didn't had my laptop, but I hope y'all like this chapter :) please review

*chocolate flavoured hugs to yall*
Ang