Chapter Eight

A/N
Heyy thanks y'all for your lovely messages, my eye surgery went really good as you can see now cause I'm updating lol ily all an I hope yall keep liking and reading and commenting this story!
*pizza flavoured hugs to yall*
Ang
//////////////////////////////////

"Aren't you getting off the car?" asked Emily when Hotch pulled over on the entrance of the Hospital.

"Rossi just texted me, he and Morgan are at the crime scene, I need to go there" Hotch said and started the car leaving Emily alone at the entrance.

She ran to the nurse's center and asked the nurse for 'Penelope Garcia' before the nurse could answer Spencer was calling her.  JJ was laying her head next to Spencer's and her eyes were puffy and red from crying.

"What do we know?" asked Emily softly. "Someone shot her, and she is still in surgery, we don't anything more" JJ said with a cracked voice that ripped Spencer's heart. Emily sat next to her friend holding her hand while they waited for someone to updated them on Penelope's situation

/

"I need to see her man! Im alright it was just a scratch" Derek screamed to the paramedic that was in front of him checking the injury on his abdomen, Hotch was just arriving to the crime scene, there were a couple of police patrol cars and some paramedics with a black bag covering a dead body. And Gideon was talking to some other officers.

Hotch flashed his badge as soon as he entered the crime scene to get through Morgan, which Rossi and Elle were trying to calm down but failing miserably.

"Morgan I need you to calm down and tell me what happened" demanded Hotch, while the paramedic finished wrapping up Morgan's injury.

Flashbacks from the few hours ago flodded through Derek's mind

I'm an idiot, now she is mad at me and when on a date with some other guy, I cant let this ruin our friendship, I need to go and apologize to her, she is my baby girl.

I reached her building and knocked on her door, her neighbor answered the door and told me she hadn't come home but I was welcomed to wait for her so I went inside and waited on the stairs. Not long after that I could hear a car pulled over and Penelope and some guy got out of it, they were walking towards the main door but stopped.

They talked a little, and eventually he started walking to his car, that's when he turned around and said something to Garcia and took out his gun and shot her, I had such a short time to react, grabbed my phone called 911 and ran after that son of a b..

I wasn't wearing my gun so I sprinted into him and knocked him on the floor, that's when he shot me but I barely felt it cause he missed, I managed to take control of his gun and shot him on the chest.

/

"Penelope Garcia?" a doctor asked and the three agents got up.

"The bullet went in her chest , and ricocheted into her abdomen. She lost a lot of blood.

It was touch-And-Go for a while, but we were able to repair the injuries." The doctor explained.

"So what are you saying?" asked JJ.

"One centimeter over and it would have torn right through her heart. Instead, she could actually walk out of here in a couple of days. And i'd say that's a minor miracle." The doctor concluded.

"Thank you, thankyou" the three agents said in unison, "When can we see her?" asked Emily.

"She needs her rest. You can see her in the morning."

Emily let out a sigh she didn't know she was holding, and Spencer and JJ hugged eachother. Spencer took out his phone and gave him the news on Penelope.

"We should go home and change, it's going to be a long day tomorrow" said Spencer. "Everything okay? Asked Emily.

"Derek shot the guy that shot Garcia, it turns out he was a commemorated officer, he has been honored twice as a hero" he finished and JJ sighed.

"Can you guys give me a ride? I well um-"Emily was cut of mid-sentence by JJ "you were on a date?!" squealed JJ while they were walking towards the parking lot.

"I was at a banquet at my mother's" Emily said but JJ only smirked back at her but her phone ringed which gave Emily some relief.

"Gideon wants to meet us at the BAU" said JJ.